USFL free agency signings

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

Re: USFL Maulers sign QB James Morgan and others

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:15 am
4th&long wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:07 am
GDAWG wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:46 am

Apparently, they didn't lock down Bryan Scott to prevent him from going to the XFL.
It looked to me like Scott too, but its not a clear pick. It is possible they released him when he got injured. But let's wait till its 100% confirmed on that. He was never signed to an NFL team, so that is not how he is no longer with the USFL. Either way I wish him well, he's a good QB especially in spring FB. I was more surprised we didn't see Perez or Sloter. Honestly I'm tired of the 3rd grade teaser shots, time to get on with it.
Them not being there is possibly an indication that both are close to returning to the USFL. Or they could be revealed later on as surprises.
Yep. If XFL breaks open checkbook, and IMO they've been spending alot everywhere, they could still be signed with XFL. But that rumor was for the starting 8. We'll see.
4th&long
MVP

Re: USFL Gamblers Sign Missouri WR - Keke Chism

Post by 4th&long »

>>Houston Gamblers @USFLGamblers
Free Agent Signings:

• WR Torrian "Keke" Chism, Missouri
9:27 PM · Sep 26, 2022 <<

Some info on Chism:

>> 2021 (Graduate): Played in all 13 games and was given the starting nod in 10 … Caught 41 passes for 512 yards and three touchdowns …<<
https://mutigers.com/sports/football/ro ... hism/12483
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:25 am

It looked to me like Scott too, but its not a clear pick. It is possible they released him when he got injured. But let's wait till its 100% confirmed on that. He was never signed to an NFL team, so that is not how he is no longer with the USFL. Either way I wish him well, he's a good QB especially in spring FB. I was more surprised we didn't see Perez or Sloter. Honestly I'm tired of the 3rd grade teaser shots, time to get on with it.
Them not being there is possibly an indication that both are close to returning to the USFL. Or they could be revealed later on as surprises.
Yep. If XFL breaks open checkbook, and IMO they've been spending alot everywhere, they could still be signed with XFL. But that rumor was for the starting 8. We'll see.
There were 9 guys.
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

We have no idea how much the XFL is spending and may have gotten sweetheart deals on stadiums and leasing. Also, if the Brahma name is indeed correct for San Antonio, it's almost a given Under Armour will become a league sponsor. That deal alone could be worth $5-10+ million depending on product placement, sponsorship, goals met, etc.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:46 am
4th&long wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:40 am

clearly USFL wants to ensure they have QBs - likely 3 per team (2 active , 1 PS) going into the seaso. And they also want to lock up (or out) the XFL from potential QBs.

May not be a trade as Holtz said they may be signing up to 75 players before camp and widdling down, if so 4-5 QBs is not unreasonable. And not only are there 2 leagues competing for talent, they need to stock 16 teams.
Apparently, they didn't lock down Bryan Scott to prevent him from going to the XFL.
Scott being on IR/practice squad may have changed the contract as well
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

laxtreme56 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:43 am

We have no idea how much the XFL is spending and may have gotten sweetheart deals on stadiums and leasing. Also, if the Brahma name is indeed correct for San Antonio, it's almost a given Under Armour will become a league sponsor. That deal alone could be worth $5-10+ million depending on product placement, sponsorship, goals met, etc.
Mike Mitchell’s said qbs will get high 6 figured near the million range
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:45 pm

>> Pittsburgh Maulers
@USFLMaulers
Free Agent Signings:

• DB Xavier Lewis, SE Louisiana/LSU
• QB James Morgan, FIU/Bowling Green
• QB Troy Williams, Utah
9:24 PM · Sep 26, 2022 <<
James Morgan is one of the biggest signings the league has made imo. Also he comes from an air raid background so maybe it’s a sign kirby is changing his ways and has learned from season 1
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

herns wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:15 am

I don't doubt 6 figures, but I highly doubt high 6 figures. Looking at the QB's seen with Jesse Palmer, I can't see any of them commanding more than $150-200k.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

laxtreme56 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:27 am
herns wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:15 am

I don't doubt 6 figures, but I highly doubt high 6 figures. Looking at the QB's seen with Jesse Palmer, I can't see any of them commanding more than $150-200k.
I agree with you on that out of the 9 I’d say there’s 3 I could see getting that (Scott, king, and Willis) but if that group is the guys getting the high 6 figures I’m a little nervous
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

herns wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:16 am
4th&long wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:45 pm

>> Pittsburgh Maulers
@USFLMaulers
Free Agent Signings:

• DB Xavier Lewis, SE Louisiana/LSU
• QB James Morgan, FIU/Bowling Green
• QB Troy Williams, Utah
9:24 PM · Sep 26, 2022 <<
James Morgan is one of the biggest signings the league has made imo. Also he comes from an air raid background so maybe it’s a sign kirby is changing his ways and has learned from season 1
It will all depend on if Morgan makes the final roster. If Wilson decides to go with Vad Lee and Roland Rivers and probably Troy Williams as the PS QB, has he really learned his lesson?