USFL free agency signings

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
herns
Head Coach

USFL free agency signings

Post by herns »

SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Re: USFL free agency signings

Post by SamTheRam28 »

KiAnte Hardin is a good signing for the Panthers. 2 interceptions and 45 tackles in 11 starts with the BC Lions last year. Only 25 years old.
St. Louis BattleHawks
4th&long
MVP

USFL Maulers sign QB James Morgan and others

Post by 4th&long »

>> Pittsburgh Maulers
@USFLMaulers
Free Agent Signings:

• DB Xavier Lewis, SE Louisiana/LSU
• QB James Morgan, FIU/Bowling Green
• QB Troy Williams, Utah
9:24 PM · Sep 26, 2022 <<
GDAWG
MVP

Re: USFL Maulers sign QB James Morgan and others

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:45 pm

>> Pittsburgh Maulers
@USFLMaulers
Free Agent Signings:

• QB Troy Williams, Utah
They also recently signed Chase Fourcade and have Vad Lee and Roland Rivers unless those two are free agents, which is quite possible. If not, they have 5 QB's, and some USFL teams are in need of QB's, especially New Jersey and New Orleans as Luis Perez and Kyle Sloter have not re-signed with the USFL yet.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:04 am

>> Pittsburgh Maulers
@USFLMaulers
Free Agent Signings:

• QB Troy Williams, Utah
They also recently signed Chase Fourcade and have Vad Lee and Roland Rivers unless those two are free agents, which is quite possible. If not, they have 5 QB's, and some USFL teams are in need of QB's, especially New Jersey and New Orleans as Luis Perez and Kyle Sloter have not re-signed with the USFL yet.
Vlad and Rivers signed mid-season and unless released (i doubt that) are still on the roster. Doesn't NJ still have D Johnson and K Lauletta?
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:27 am

>> Pittsburgh Maulers
@USFLMaulers
Free Agent Signings:

• QB Troy Williams, Utah
Vlad and Rivers signed mid-season and unless released (i doubt that) are still on the roster. Doesn't NJ still have D Johnson and K Lauletta?
Yes, but The Maulers have 5 QB's now, so they have to do something, unless Kirby Wilson plans to keep all 5 of them and have them start two games each. I think a trade is in the works.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:30 am

Yes, but The Maulers have 5 QB's now, so they have to do something, unless Kirby Wilson plans to keep all 5 of them and have them start two games each. I think a trade is in the works.
clearly USFL wants to ensure they have QBs - likely 3 per team (2 active , 1 PS) going into the seaso. And they also want to lock up (or out) the XFL from potential QBs.

May not be a trade as Holtz said they may be signing up to 75 players before camp and widdling down, if so 4-5 QBs is not unreasonable. And not only are there 2 leagues competing for talent, they need to stock 16 teams.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:40 am
clearly USFL wants to ensure they have QBs - likely 3 per team (2 active , 1 PS) going into the seaso. And they also want to lock up (or out) the XFL from potential QBs.

May not be a trade as Holtz said they may be signing up to 75 players before camp and widdling down, if so 4-5 QBs is not unreasonable. And not only are there 2 leagues competing for talent, they need to stock 16 teams.
Apparently, they didn't lock down Bryan Scott to prevent him from going to the XFL.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:46 am

Apparently, they didn't lock down Bryan Scott to prevent him from going to the XFL.
It looked to me like Scott too, but its not a clear pick. It is possible they released him when he got injured. But let's wait till its 100% confirmed on that. He was never signed to an NFL team, so that is not how he is no longer with the USFL. Either way I wish him well, he's a good QB especially in spring FB. I was more surprised we didn't see Perez or Sloter. Honestly I'm tired of the 3rd grade teaser shots, time to get on with it.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:07 am
GDAWG wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:46 am

It looked to me like Scott too, but its not a clear pick. It is possible they released him when he got injured. But let's wait till its 100% confirmed on that. He was never signed to an NFL team, so that is not how he is no longer with the USFL. Either way I wish him well, he's a good QB especially in spring FB. I was more surprised we didn't see Perez or Sloter. Honestly I'm tired of the 3rd grade teaser shots, time to get on with it.
Them not being there is possibly an indication that both are close to returning to the USFL. Or they could be revealed later on as surprises.