Potential USFL video game

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
herns
Head Coach

Potential USFL video game

Post by herns »

GDAWG
MVP

Re: Potential USFL video game

Post by GDAWG »

Way too soon for something like this.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:49 pm Way too soon for something like this.
My guess is it’d be something like just USFL branding in the game, I’d done right I think it’s not too early because it’s an established game so not building a game from the ground up or spending a ton to make it happen
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

All you're really doing is taking a generic game that Axis has made for years and putting an existing league onto it, not really putting any cart before the horse.

The XFL I would imagine will do the same with 2K if they can make it a year or two, and Rock being on the cover of the first WWE game under the 2K branding (2K14) could probably be the one to push them back into football (that and the lasting popularity of All Pro 2K8, which dwarfs Madden in some circles).
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

MGB01 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:47 pm All you're really doing is taking a generic game that Axis has made for years and putting an existing league onto it, not really putting any cart before the horse.

The XFL I would imagine will do the same with 2K if they can make it a year or two, and Rock being on the cover of the first WWE game under the 2K branding (2K14) could probably be the one to push them back into football (that and the lasting popularity of All Pro 2K8, which dwarfs Madden in some circles).
I think if your hoping for 2k to make a game for an alt league you’re probably gonna end up disappointed, xfl 2020 was the best League we’ve seen and they were going to end up with maximum football
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

herns wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:56 am
MGB01 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:47 pm All you're really doing is taking a generic game that Axis has made for years and putting an existing league onto it, not really putting any cart before the horse.

I think if your hoping for 2k to make a game for an alt league you’re probably gonna end up disappointed, xfl 2020 was the best League we’ve seen and they were going to end up with maximum football

Which is why I said 'if', seeing that APF is the only football game they've done (they didn't continue the 2K series from the Sega era even in generic form). But a few things could be at play here: already mentioned Rock and the lasting popularity of APF, ESPN might wanna jump back in (a la 2K5), and the continuing annual backlash over the EA exclusive might even get the NFL to secretly give it the thumbs-up.
BattleHawks
Running Back

Post by BattleHawks »

APF is the only football game they've done (they didn't continue the 2K series from the Sega era even in generic form)
Huh?

APF literally WAS the continuation of the 2K series in generic form.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

BattleHawks wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:27 pm
APF is the only football game they've done (they didn't continue the 2K series from the Sega era even in generic form)
Huh?

APF literally WAS the continuation of the 2K series in generic form.
Which is why there was only one of it, and three years later?
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

If the CFL still doesn't have an official video game, then none of these alt leagues are going to get one any time soon.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:24 pm If the CFL still doesn't have an official video game, then none of these alt leagues are going to get one any time soon.
Maximum football was near a deal with cfl pa but they said that the league only wants to work with EA. AAF was going to make a game with axis football and xfl was set to make one with maximum football