Potential USFL video game

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Re: Potential USFL video game

Post by SamTheRam28 »

herns wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:00 pm
johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:24 pm If the CFL still doesn't have an official video game, then none of these alt leagues are going to get one any time soon.
Maximum football was near a deal with cfl pa but they said that the league only wants to work with EA. AAF was going to make a game with axis football and xfl was set to make one with maximum football
Exactly. The CFL's incompetence doesn't mean other leagues can't have a video game.
St. Louis BattleHawks
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

herns wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:00 pm Maximum football was near a deal with cfl pa but they said that the league only wants to work with EA. AAF was going to make a game with axis football and xfl was set to make one with maximum football
Well, Maximum Football made the 2K games look state-of-the-art. It was NOT a good product. The only reason they even stood a chance is because it's a Canadian company.

They still use 2K8 for sim leagues to this day.

But the main reason why there are no alt-league games is because they take a long time to develop from scratch, and they're simply not as marketable. EA isn't making a CFL video game because they don't think they can sell enough copies to make it worthwhile. The same would be true of an XFL or USFL official game.

So that leaves Maximum (which was an intriguing concept) and 2K (which hasn't been updated in 14 years).
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:39 pm
herns wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:00 pm Maximum football was near a deal with cfl pa but they said that the league only wants to work with EA. AAF was going to make a game with axis football and xfl was set to make one with maximum football
Well, Maximum Football made the 2K games look state-of-the-art. It was NOT a good product. The only reason they even stood a chance is because it's a Canadian company.

They still use 2K8 for sim leagues to this day.

But the main reason why there are no alt-league games is because they take a long time to develop from scratch, and they're simply not as marketable. EA isn't making a CFL video game because they don't think they can sell enough copies to make it worthwhile. The same would be true of an XFL or USFL official game.

So that leaves Maximum (which was an intriguing concept) and 2K (which hasn't been updated in 14 years).
I would say maximum football is the best shot at an alt football game but it’s a completely new game, they were bought out by a bigger studio, got a new Dev team, new engine, new animations etc
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

And with that they kinda seem to be completely disregarding the previous era, which included Doug Flutie for the 19-20 versions. If he's still somewhat an unofficial ambassador for USFL2.0 I'd imagine he wouldn't be too keen on starting up with Maximum again and would go to Axis.

If I'm the XFL or whomever else I just wish these guys luck and hope they do better than the guys who tried to launch Gridiron Legends (now moot with EA College Football returning next year). Take my chances with either 2K or EA, granted neither's an easy sell but with Maximum in self-admitted re-reboot stage, is it even worth it?