51 USFL Player Signings in NFL, w/Running list in OP

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
LeoNY
Head Coach

Re: 51 USFL Player Signings in NFL, w/Running list in OP

Post by LeoNY »

New York Jets cut WR Rashard Davis. Hopefully some of these players get claimed on waivers. But the total is now 38
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:47 pm
GDAWG wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:49 pm
Gopher123 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:56 pm

Looks like they just grabbed Patrick Laird.
He was apparently working out with them at one of the voluntary minicamps.

Also Rams release Luis Perez.
I'm not to up on this Laird guy.

DAMN I was hoping Perez would stay on PS. Tough break. Now the question is he XFL eligible or does USFL have him contractually. Not sure. Either way He'll make more than what he made in 2022.

Laird: Camp body, Gopher made it sound like a big signing. Just 76 carries over three years (and most of those as a rookie), only there to take snaps with Bernard out (if that), won't be in the rotation.

Perez: Apparently Bryce Perkins stole the show in the Battle of SoFi1.0, possibly even to the point of threatening Wolford.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

Lance Lenoir released by the Eagles but TJ Carter claimed off waivers by the Rams.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Jameson Houston looked pretty good for the Hawks, and with the trade of Ugo Amadi should at least earn himself more snaps for Thursday.
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

MGB01 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:25 pm
GDAWG wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:49 pm

He was apparently working out with them at one of the voluntary minicamps.

Also Rams release Luis Perez.

DAMN I was hoping Perez would stay on PS. Tough break. Now the question is he XFL eligible or does USFL have him contractually. Not sure. Either way He'll make more than what he made in 2022.

Laird: Camp body, Gopher made it sound like a big signing. Just 76 carries over three years (and most of those as a rookie), only there to take snaps with Bernard out (if that), won't be in the rotation.

Perez: Apparently Bryce Perkins stole the show in the Battle of SoFi1.0, possibly even to the point of threatening Wolford.
Laird: Camp body, agreed. Isn’t that all that an Emmons/Colburn signing like 4th suggested would have been? I was simply pointing out with that signing, it probably took them off the board for the Bucs. Not sure how I made it into a big signing.

Perez: Handwriting on the wall when he didn’t appear in the passing stat line week 1. Disappointing to not at least get a throw in for sure. Seems destined to possibly make a career out of being a spring league qb.
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

Chiefs cut WR Devin Gray (Stars).
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Gopher123 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:47 am Chiefs cut WR Devin Gray (Stars).
good catch
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Gopher123 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:52 pm
MGB01 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:25 pm

Laird: Camp body, agreed. Isn’t that all that an Emmons/Colburn signing like 4th suggested would have been? I was simply pointing out with that signing, it probably took them off the board for the Bucs. Not sure how I made it into a big signing.

Perez: Handwriting on the wall when he didn’t appear in the passing stat line week 1. Disappointing to not at least get a throw in for sure. Seems destined to possibly make a career out of being a spring league qb.
Hey, Jim "King" Corcoran made a pretty healthy career out of that back in the day!
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Does not look like Kavonte Turpin will be back in the USFL in 2023.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

You notice it conveniently wasn't Florio lieutenant MDS "The NFL doesn't think much of the league's talent" who had the writeup.

NBC should just go ahead and hire Stephen A away from ESPN at this point, it'd be entertaining crap if nothing else.