USFL made money for nbc and fox

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
herns
Head Coach

USFL made money for nbc and fox

Post by herns »

On Colin cowherds show today he said fox, and nbc made money off the season indicating that the USFL was profitable as since fox owns it fox making money on it=USFL made money. Also mentioned he thinks they’ll get a good amount of money from a partnership with a gambling company in the near future.
Last edited by herns on Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
4th&long
MVP

Re: USFL profitable this season

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:18 pm On Colin cowherds show today he said the league, fox, and nbc were all profitable. Also mentioned he thinks they’ll get a good amount of money from a partnership with a gambling company in the near future.
WHAT! USFL was profitable? Are you sh#ting me? No way. I hope he go that (scooby) right... WOW!

If they were profitable they will get investors for sure.

Only thing mitigating chances is XFL as competing league. They may need to merge or combine some how.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:25 pm
herns wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:18 pm On Colin cowherds show today he said the league, fox, and nbc were all profitable. Also mentioned he thinks they’ll get a good amount of money from a partnership with a gambling company in the near future.
WHAT! USFL was profitable? Are you sh#ting me? No way. I hope he go that (scooby) right... WOW!

If they were profitable they will get investors for sure.

Only thing mitigating chances is XFL as competing league. They may need to merge or combine some how.
The Rock does have a pre-existing relationship with NBC via Young Rock
4th&long
MVP

Cowherd: On USFL 7/4/22

Post by 4th&long »

>> Herd w/Colin Cowherd
@TheHerd
The @USFLStallions were crowned the inaugural @USFL champions last night...

"There is plenty of room for an 8 to 10 week spring football league in America... It was absolutely a hit." — @ColinCowherd
#TheHerd with Colin Cowherd on Fox Sports Radio, FS1 and iHeartRadio. 12 PM - 3 PM ET
2:46 PM · Jul 4, 2022 <<

Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

He said they made money or he said they were profitable?
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:24 pm He said they made money or he said they were profitable?
He said it made money for both networks. If it Made money for fox that’d mean it’s profitable since fox owns it
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Right. But to be clear, "profitable" is your word, not his?
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:09 pm Right. But to be clear, "profitable" is your word, not his?
Ya, my bad for any mix up
Firecop
Coach

Re: USFL made money for nbc and fox

Post by Firecop »

CONGRATS to the USFL for completing an entire first season! Perhaps they will become the type of alt. spring league that we always hoped the XFl would be! I think this has made the road that much harder for the XFL to achieve it's supposed lofty goals, but it will be fun and interesting to watch!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: USFL made money for nbc and fox

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

There's no possible way.

NBC might have eked out a profit depending on how their contract was structured.

But there was absolutely no possible way that the USFL earned enough money to cover the tens of millions of dollars Fox invested into it... and if it is Fox employees like Cowherd making these claims, they just opened themselves up to a massive federal investigation. Think Enron.

Remember the P visa issue: the USFL is known to have less than $10 million in revenue. Player salaries alone for 300 players at $4500 a player comes to $10.5 million, and that doesn't count coaching staff, stadium rental for Birmingham or Canton, executives, workers comp insurance, or any of the countless other expenses.