Championship: Ratings and Predictions

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

Championship: Ratings and Predictions

Post by 4th&long »

My prediction is 1.05mm, if no Phillies game on Sunday Night Baseball I'd say 1.25mm, if NJ I'd say 1.4mm. Of course the wild card is BBQ July 4th w/e so who knows.
Sounder
Coach

Re: Championship: Ratings and Predictions

Post by Sounder »

I know this is optimistic and hopeful.....but it's Sunday Night primetime. If I don't see 2 mil, it'll be a little disappointing.
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

I'm going 1.095 million which we can round up to 1.1. 5500 in attendance
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Would be terribly wrong if the HOF game ends up outdrawing all three playoff games combined. I said back in Feb the NFL made the wrong move choosing the Jags, should have been Saints or Panthers vs Raiders to commemorate the two posthumous inductees, Mills and Cliff Branch, who both played in alt leagues.

Of course if this ends up in increased emphasis on extra hubs or maybe even accelerates markets so be it.

Maybe also the draft/player acquisition process changes too, another problem the league had is it was fairly obvious before Memorial Day that the playoff field was set.

With the league coming back, I'm OK with a somewhat underwhelming CG as long as it doesn't just go into the closet between Monday-SB 57 and FOX knows what needs to happen. Better long term than a full house at Giants Stadium knowing it was the last ride, even Keith Jackson was all "I'm doing Bama/Georgia in seven weeks screw this!"
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Sounder wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:51 pm I know this is optimistic and hopeful.....but it's Sunday Night primetime. If I don't see 2 mil, it'll be a little disappointing.
I think 2 million would be the best case scenario but it’ll ultimately be in between that 1-2 range. One good thing is now that we know a season 2 is for sure happening and they’re going bigger I’m not so concerned with the ratings rn but of course would still love to see a big number
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:17 pm
Sounder wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:51 pm I know this is optimistic and hopeful.....but it's Sunday Night primetime. If I don't see 2 mil, it'll be a little disappointing.
I think 2 million would be the best case scenario but it’ll ultimately be in between that 1-2 range. One good thing is now that we know a season 2 is for sure happening and they’re going bigger I’m not so concerned with the ratings rn but of course would still love to see a big number
The ESPN Sunday Night Baseball game has the Phillies. That's going to take a big bite.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

herns wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:17 pm
A holiday weekend, on a Sunday (typically when the USFL has done best) and on broadcast TV? I think 2 million is optimistic, but not at all out of reach.
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

I think my number is 1.3 - 1.5 mil, 2 mil would be fantastic but I haven’t seen the buzz lately to reach that 2 mil number. 15k in attendance would be great, but after last weekend, I’m tempering my expectations to 10k -12k. I’m also picking Birmingham in a 34-31 nail biter. Brandon Aubrey the difference here. A good competitive close game is exactly what Fox needs of course.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Gopher123 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:10 pm I think my number is 1.3 - 1.5 mil, 2 mil would be fantastic but I haven’t seen the buzz lately to reach that 2 mil number. 15k in attendance would be great, but after last weekend, I’m tempering my expectations to 10k -12k. I’m also picking Birmingham in a 34-31 nail biter. Brandon Aubrey the difference here. A good competitive close game is exactly what Fox needs of course.
its 14 k min more like 15-16k maybe more

The ESPN Phillies game is not helping.

As far as hype - twitter search USFL was most busy I've seen in a while
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

4th&long wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:59 pm
Gopher123 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:10 pm I think my number is 1.3 - 1.5 mil, 2 mil would be fantastic but I haven’t seen the buzz lately to reach that 2 mil number. 15k in attendance would be great, but after last weekend, I’m tempering my expectations to 10k -12k. I’m also picking Birmingham in a 34-31 nail biter. Brandon Aubrey the difference here. A good competitive close game is exactly what Fox needs of course.
its 14 k min more like 15-16k maybe more

The ESPN Phillies game is not helping.

As far as hype - twitter search USFL was most busy I've seen in a while
14k -16k is better, more like my expectations for last weekend. Maybe I was too optimistic. Regardless, I’m happy to see a decent crowd. Let’s hope twitter search = tv ratings.