Something I didn’t expect to see…espn running USFL highlights

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
herns
Head Coach

Something I didn’t expect to see…espn running USFL highlights

Post by herns »

johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: Something I didn’t expect to see…espn running USFL highlights

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

That is one of the advantages of playing football in June—the college sports season (as well as the NHL and NBA) is over so you only have baseball, CFL and MLS. ESPN has the CFL, but 9 teams is far less than the 300 D-I basketball programs.

SportsCenter during the MLB all-star break has always amused me because of the depths they have to dig to find news.
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:24 am That is one of the advantages of playing football in June—the college sports season (as well as the NHL and NBA) is over so you only have baseball, CFL and MLS. ESPN has the CFL, but 9 teams is far less than the 300 D-I basketball programs.

SportsCenter during the MLB all-star break has always amused me because of the depths they have to dig to find news.
And ESPN doesn't really care about the CFL beyond broadcasting the games. I don't even think the league has its own page on ESPN.com.
St. Louis BattleHawks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

SamTheRam28 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:16 pm
johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:24 am That is one of the advantages of playing football in June—the college sports season (as well as the NHL and NBA) is over so you only have baseball, CFL and MLS. ESPN has the CFL, but 9 teams is far less than the 300 D-I basketball programs.

And ESPN doesn't really care about the CFL beyond broadcasting the games. I don't even think the league has its own page on ESPN.com.
Espn isn't broadcasting the game in a traditional sense - they are rebroadcasting the TSN broadcast - granted they own a stake in them, but its not an ESPN production making it very very cheap.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

SamTheRam28 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:16 pm

Yep, not its own page, it's linked to TSN