Playoff Wk - TV Ratings and Predictions

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

Playoff Wk - TV Ratings and Predictions

Post by 4th&long »

Ok here goes...

Saturday - FOX 3pm NJ/Philly in Canton - 1mm
The 2 biggest markets but on a great weather day, I think this game would be much higher at night but that's not to be. Great weather in Philly/NJ/NY - maybe a little hot? but sub 90. If heat fatigue and a good game - maybe better ratings

Saturday - NBC 8pm NOLA/Birm in Canton - 1.2mm
HOT weather in South... that may help. Also primetime.

Hopefully better but that's my prediction.
laxtreme56
Coach

Re: Playoff Wk - TV Ratings and Predictions

Post by laxtreme56 »

Not quite as optimistic.
NJ-Philly 750k
Nola-Birmingham 950k
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

laxtreme56 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:13 pm Not quite as optimistic.
NJ-Philly 750k
Nola-Birmingham 950k
I think the time of day hurt the early game but prime time s/b over 1mm

However its 92-90 in Phlly and 90-89 in NY area... That might help early games.
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

Well I'm doing my part, went to the beach from 12-230, back right in time for kickoff.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

These are preliminary and can go up or down (they usually do).

I said putting NOLA/Birm on at primetime vs NJ/Philly was going to cost 500k viewers. I'm sticking to that. Two very small markets vs two very large markets was silly IMO. I think Fox didn't want it to compete with its own Fox MLB Saturday.

Hopefully the finals are revised up.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2022/05/tv-ra ... -2022.html
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:18 pm These are preliminary and can go up or down (they usually do).

I said putting NOLA/Birm on at primetime vs NJ/Philly was going to cost 500k viewers. I'm sticking to that. Two very small markets vs two very large markets was silly IMO. I think Fox didn't want it to compete with its own Fox MLB Saturday.

Yet somebody brought this up three weeks ago when week 10 was announced (which led to this, BTW NO has an argument for getting hosed as they were the only ones on a short week) and was dismissed by somebody else, wonder who those two could have been. ;)

All I can think of is FOX getting first crack and specifically picking PHI/NJ, since they didn't have the reg season matchup and had BIR basically the whole time anyway. and MLB was Freddie Freeman back in ATL so I would understand a more packed DH (even though it's not really one since it's given back to the affiliates in the interim)

You were only a week late
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

Not too great. Looking around 900k based on prelims for the primetime NBC game.https://spoilertv.com/2022/06/tv-rating ... -2022.html
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

laxtreme56 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:13 pm Not too great. Looking around 900k based on prelims for the primetime NBC game.https://spoilertv.com/2022/06/tv-rating ... -2022.html
Ah yeah its what we are talking about... I posted the link above. Again its preliminary so we'll see soon what actuals are ... they do tend to change.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:32 pm
4th&long wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:18 pm These are preliminary and can go up or down (they usually do).

Yet somebody brought this up three weeks ago when week 10 was announced (which led to this, BTW NO has an argument for getting hosed as they were the only ones on a short week) and was dismissed by somebody else, wonder who those two could have been. ;)

All I can think of is FOX getting first crack and specifically picking PHI/NJ, since they didn't have the reg season matchup and had BIR basically the whole time anyway. and MLB was Freddie Freeman back in ATL so I would understand a more packed DH (even though it's not really one since it's given back to the affiliates in the interim)

You were only a week late
Again that's not why NOLA was the late game (the times were 5 hours apart). NBC likely had choice of time slot and Fox which game. But what ever the reason they should have put NJ/Philly on late.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

PHI/NJ went first in week 10 then first in Canton, you explain it then.

My prediction would have solved every angle and probably delivered around 1.4 mil. So instead of fretting about Stars/Stallions against a Phillies team a couple games over .500, call them out for totally cowering to a potential Game 7.