Larry Fedora mentions he’s heard rumors of expansion

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
herns
Head Coach

Larry Fedora mentions he’s heard rumors of expansion

Post by herns »

“There’s rumors that we may have a north hub and a south hub,” he added, “and there’s talk of adding teams, also”

Larry Fedora said he’s heard rumors of 2 hubs and expansion, also moose mentioned Philly as a possible spot for the northern hub

https://www.cleveland.com/sports/2022/0 ... ories.html
4th&long
MVP

Re: Larry Fedora mentions he’s heard rumors of expansion

Post by 4th&long »

I've preached Philly as northern hub as it on NJ border and not a highcost NE state. It could serve as a home for Philly and near home for NJ.

Also like to see NOLA games played in NO as its busable from Birm
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:49 pm I've preached Philly as northern hub as it on NJ border and not a highcost NE state. It could serve as a home for Philly and near home for NJ.

There’s a soccer stadium about 30 mond outside Philly that would be absolutely perfect if they can get it.As for NOLA he did mention possibly moving the South hub i believe so never know but I’d be shocked if that happened with USFL not having to pay for a lot of stuff in Birmingham
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:55 pm
4th&long wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:49 pm I've preached Philly as northern hub as it on NJ border and not a highcost NE state. It could serve as a home for Philly and near home for NJ.

There’s a soccer stadium about 30 mond outside Philly that would be absolutely perfect if they can get it.As for NOLA he did mention possibly moving the South hub i believe so never know but I’d be shocked if that happened with USFL not having to pay for a lot of stuff in Birmingham
Yes- Exactly I've preached in the using of the Chester Co Phil Union Stadium too to avoid the City and its high cost.

The thing with NOLA is they'd still get a deal from Birm to practice and only play NOLA games in NO.

There;s alot of options out there.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:18 pm

Yes- Exactly I've preached in the using of the Chester Co Phil Union Stadium too to avoid the City and its high cost.

The thing with NOLA is they'd still get a deal from Birm to practice and only play NOLA games in NO.

I would suspect that the Philadelphia Union would complain about football ruining their field. If not them, then their fans because fans of DC United were upset that the DC Defenders were using their stadium for football.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:51 pm

I would suspect that the Philadelphia Union would complain about football ruining their field. If not them, then their fans because fans of DC United were upset that the DC Defenders were using their stadium for football.

Probably, but such is life with a dual purpose stadium. The Yankees, specifically Mark Teixiera, had one with NYCFC when they started (and Yankee Global Enterprises owns 20%, although I don't remember if they did at the beginning). Everyone thinks they should be the sole tenant but it would be a disaster to have one stadium literally in use only 10-20 times a year.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

Nice to see the USFL get some solid media coverage going into their first playoff weekend.
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

MGB01 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:12 pm

Probably, but such is life with a dual purpose stadium. The Yankees, specifically Mark Teixiera, had one with NYCFC when they started (and Yankee Global Enterprises owns 20%, although I don't remember if they did at the beginning). Everyone thinks they should be the sole tenant but it would be a disaster to have one stadium literally in use only 10-20 times a year.
I think it's a bit different though with a hub for 4 teams rather than just 5 home games for 1 team. I'm not sure how they could do a hub with games every week for 10 weeks at a stadium that also hosts an MLS team.
St. Louis BattleHawks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

MGB01 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:12 pm

Most NFL stadiums are only used 10-20 times a year and for most of them it's not a disaster only having those NFL games with an occasional concert and sometimes a college football game and that's it.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Oh so I guess the stadium that just hosted eight weeks of the USFL is only used for that and the six UAB games

Good to know