Season awards coming tomorrow

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
herns
Head Coach

Season awards coming tomorrow

Post by herns »

4th&long
MVP

Re: Season awards coming tomorrow

Post by 4th&long »

lol You beat me to it Herns.

MVP
Offensive POY
Defensive POY
COACH of the Year

My guesses in order above:

Case Cookus-QB
K Turpin-WR
C Odom-DE
Skip Holtz

Alternate
Sloter-QB
D Victor-RB
D GAtes-LB
Mike Riley
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

MVP I'm tempted to split between Trey Williams, Vito (simply cause Williams started over him), and DJ. Simple, the NJ running game is fire, and that might have them winning the chip (in a rematch over Bham). Case Cookus is in the convo as well since the Stars were dead in the water without Scott--on paper anyway. J'Mar Smith has an argument, a real wow since no one had any expectations for him (kind of like my first time seeing John Cena as "The Prototype" right before his Smackdown debut). Ton of defensive players should get their due here, not just DPOY. Remember the middle word here, that's why JT can be up for OPOY, but not here (would be like Dak Prescott or Kirk Cousins winning MVP last year).

OPOY Turp is 1, followed by Sloter and JT. Victor Bolden will be there too (might get some MVP votes as well), Jordan Ellis.

DPOY take your pick: Gates, Odom, Diggs, Wright, Luani, Payne, and a few more. Can't go wrong with any.

COTY: Kirby, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

How is it not Holtz or Riley? The interesting thing is it's the Bama guy coaching the Jersey team, and the son of Lou Holtz (whose first ND team played the Tide at Legion) coaching Birmingham. But Holtz would probably get it since the expectations were a little lower.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:33 pm MVP I'm tempted to split between Trey Williams, Vito (simply cause Williams started over him), and DJ. Simple, the NJ running game is fire, and that might have them winning the chip (in a rematch over Bham). Case Cookus is in the convo as well since the Stars were dead in the water without Scott--on paper anyway. J'Mar Smith has an argument, a real wow since no one had any expectations for him (kind of like my first time seeing John Cena as "The Prototype" right before his Smackdown debut). Ton of defensive players should get their due here, not just DPOY. Remember the middle word here, that's why JT can be up for OPOY, but not here (would be like Dak Prescott or Kirk Cousins winning MVP last year).

OPOY Turp is 1, followed by Sloter and JT. Victor Bolden will be there too (might get some MVP votes as well), Jordan Ellis.

DPOY take your pick: Gates, Odom, Diggs, Wright, Luani, Payne, and a few more. Can't go wrong with any.

COTY: Kirby, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

How is it not Holtz or Riley? The interesting thing is it's the Bama guy coaching the Jersey team, and the son of Lou Holtz (whose first ND team played the Tide at Legion) coaching Birmingham. But Holtz would probably get it since the expectations were a little lower.
Yeah MVP is a toss up with alot of player contibuting and 2 winning teams using 2 QB. I went with Cookus becuse I think he was MVP for the Stars, but Sloter could get it too. I wonder how they got selected.
Agreed on Holtz or Riley, I went with Skip as like you said... lower expectations.
4th&long
MVP

Season awards are Official

Post by 4th&long »

4th&long wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:01 pm lol You beat me to it Herns.

MVP
Offensive POY
Defensive POY
COACH of the Year

My guesses in order above:

Case Cookus-QB
K Turpin-WR
C Odom-DE
Skip Holtz

Alternate
Sloter-QB
D Victor-RB
D GAtes-LB
Mike Riley
Love going non-QB:

MVP - Turpin WR - NJ
OPOY - D Victor RB - NJ
DPOY - C Odom DE - Houston
Coach - Mike Riley

I did not think it would be so heavy NJ but glad to see that didn't stop them from doing so. Had all these guys on list or #2. Congrats Generals.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

So Turpin at TCU.....yikes at that off field issue. Explains why he didn't get a single look by any NFL team in 2019.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:00 am So Turpin at TCU.....yikes at that off field issue. Explains why he didn't get a single look by any NFL team in 2019.
Hopefully he learned his lesson and has grown up after that charge. it was almost 4 years ago (10/2018). We've seen Mixon and many others get a pass. Turpin will likely get his.
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

4th&long wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:52 am
GDAWG wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:00 am So Turpin at TCU.....yikes at that off field issue. Explains why he didn't get a single look by any NFL team in 2019.
Hopefully he learned his lesson and has grown up after that charge. it was almost 4 years ago (10/2018). We've seen Mixon and many others get a pass. Turpin will likely get his.
I don't know if he gets an NFL shot though. The guy has played in FCF, TSL, ELF, and dominated everywhere. Everybody has known he is super talented for years and still they haven't taken a chance on him. He's going to be 26 this year and there are a lot of younger speedy guys like him that don't have his baggage.

I selfishly hope he stays in the USFL because I love watching him in the role he plays in Mike Riley's offense.
St. Louis BattleHawks
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

SamTheRam28 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:10 pm
I don't know if he gets an NFL shot though. The guy has played in FCF, TSL, ELF, and dominated everywhere. Everybody has known he is super talented for years and still they haven't taken a chance on him. He's going to be 26 this year and there are a lot of younger speedy guys like him that don't have his baggage.

I selfishly hope he stays in the USFL because I love watching him in the role he plays in Mike Riley's offense.
The NFL has enough basket-case receivers and knows it's not good for the league. Do they really need more Antonio Browns or Josh Gordons?
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:29 pm
SamTheRam28 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:10 pm

The NFL has enough basket-case receivers and knows it's not good for the league. Do they really need more Antonio Browns or Josh Gordons?
NFL already have them, its common enough. If a team wants Turpin... they sign him.