Moose Johnston on the USFL offseason

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
herns
Head Coach

Moose Johnston on the USFL offseason

Post by herns »

Moose Johnston was on WJOX where he said he thinks the continuity will be huge especially for a team like Houston that figured it out late, he said the big part of the off-season for them is they’re only drafting a small group of guys that can lift up the current roster.

He said the leagues planning on keeping teams and the players connected and a way for them to stay together in the offseason at some point.

I think quality of play is going to be really good next year, the last big question is are they in markets or not. Moose has said the leagues heard the outcry to get to markets but also hinted at doing 2 hubs so it’ll be interesting to see
4th&long
MVP

Re: Moose Johnston on the USFL offseason

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:00 am Moose Johnston was on WJOX where he said he thinks the continuity will be huge especially for a team like Houston that figured it out late, he said the big part of the off-season for them is they’re only drafting a small group of guys that can lift up the current roster.

He said the leagues planning on keeping teams and the players connected and a way for them to stay together in the offseason at some point.

I think quality of play is going to be really good next year, the last big question is are they in markets or not. Moose has said the leagues heard the outcry to get to markets but also hinted at doing 2 hubs so it’ll be interesting to see
I'm not able to locate his talk on that link but hopefully he does more.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Moose will probably do more, but he also does Pre-season games for the Cowboys so he has to get ready for that soon.
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

It will be very interesting what the USFL does in the off-season. Do they restructure with teams in cities, or do they do the hub city again, or as sometimes rumored… two hub cities. What is their schedule for the new season, same as this season? Lastly, can they retain their players, or will there be a huge shuffle to the XFL and other leagues, CFL, MLFB?

I bet there are coaching changes. How much? Some obvious candidates come to mind.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Joker wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:07 pm It will be very interesting what the USFL does in the off-season. Do they restructure with teams in cities, or do they do the hub city again, or as sometimes rumored… two hub cities. What is their schedule for the new season, same as this season? Lastly, can they retain their players, or will there be a huge shuffle to the XFL and other leagues, CFL, MLFB?

I bet there are coaching changes. How much? Some obvious candidates come to mind.
USFL players are on 2 year deals the guys from the draft have an out if there’s an nfl offer, guys who signed mid season can leave for the nfl but if they’re released they revert back to the USFL. I hope the maulers get a new coach
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

I saw an interview with EVP D Johnston and he said Jimmy Johnson would address the players at Canton. DJ asked Jimmy and he obliged. Johnston wanted the players to experience the greatness of the moment.

Listening to his interview Johnston sounds like he bleeds FB, its in every ounce of his blood.