NFLA Academy to #AllUSFL

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

NFLA Academy to #AllUSFL

Post by 4th&long »

>> NFL Alumni Academy
@NFLA_Academy
Love seeing our guys shine, from NFLA Academy to #AllUSFL đź’« @NFLAlumni
@USFL <<

Hmm... seems like NFL Alumni Academy is working with USFL
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: NFLA Academy to #AllUSFL

Post by GregParks »

4th&long wrote: ↑Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:00 am

Working with? I see a Tweet congratulating past NFL Alumni Academy trainees for making the All-USFL team. Am I missing something?
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

He did this a few weeks ago with Atkins and McGhin as well, it just becomes whatever after while
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: ↑Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:10 am

Working with? I see a Tweet congratulating past NFL Alumni Academy trainees for making the All-USFL team. Am I missing something?
XFL said they signed agreement - but the NFL-A will work with anyone
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

4th&long wrote: ↑Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:33 pm

There’s nothing that says the USFL and NFL-A are working together. Players who were once a part of the NFL-A signed with the USFL. That’s it.

That’s like saying a college that congratulates a player on Twitter for being drafted by the USFL means they’re “working with” the league.
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: ↑Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:38 pm

There’s nothing that says the USFL and NFL-A are working together. Players who were once a part of the NFL-A signed with the USFL. That’s it.

That’s like saying a college that congratulates a player on Twitter for being drafted by the USFL means they’re “working with” the league.
Agreed. But the point is the XFL 'agreement' is likely no different. Bottomline is any of these hubs will be happy to place players in any of the sub-NFL leagues. It helps build their resume to attract more talent.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

4th&long wrote: ↑Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:59 pm

But the point is the XFL 'agreement' is likely no different.
1. I don't know why you say things like "XFL said they signed an agreement," then calling it an "agreement" in quotation marks as if you're casting doubt on whether one even exists. I mean, they sent out a press release about it: https://www.xfl.com/xfl-latest-news/xfl ... ni-academy

2. The agreement IS different. From the release:

"Upon completion of the NFL Alumni Academy at the end of the NFL season, each player will automatically receive an opt-in contract with the XFL. The goal of this partnership is to enhance the entire football ecosystem by extending player cycles and expanding professional playing opportunities that are also complementary with the NFL season and off-season."
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: ↑Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:47 pm

1. I don't know why you say things like "XFL said they signed an agreement," then calling it an "agreement" in quotation marks as if you're casting doubt on whether one even exists. I mean, they sent out a press release about it: https://www.xfl.com/xfl-latest-news/xfl ... ni-academy

"Upon completion of the NFL Alumni Academy at the end of the NFL season, each player will automatically receive an opt-in contract with the XFL. The goal of this partnership is to enhance the entire football ecosystem by extending player cycles and expanding professional playing opportunities that are also complementary with the NFL season and off-season."
In practical terms what does that mean?

Also I had said I agreed with your post.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

4th&long wrote: ↑Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:39 pm

My reading of it is at the end of the NFL season, those in the NFL Alumni Academy at the time have an automatic offer to join the XFL. Some may decline and hope to sign a futures contract with an NFL team in the winter; others may choose to take the XFL up on its offer. It's simply a way for the XFL to ensure it has access to the best talent possible, in this case, those on the fringes of the NFL as these players would be.

So you agreed with my post that the USFL is not working with the NFL Alumni Academy, which is the opposite of what you said in the first post that started this whole mess? Good, I guess?
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: ↑Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:23 pm
4th&long wrote: ↑Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:39 pm

My reading of it is at the end of the NFL season, those in the NFL Alumni Academy at the time have an automatic offer to join the XFL. Some may decline and hope to sign a futures contract with an NFL team in the winter; others may choose to take the XFL up on its offer. It's simply a way for the XFL to ensure it has access to the best talent possible, in this case, those on the fringes of the NFL as these players would be.

So you agreed with my post that the USFL is not working with the NFL Alumni Academy, which is the opposite of what you said in the first post that started this whole mess? Good, I guess?
I agree they aren't working together formally, but they will look to place players at USFL as well as XFL. The XFL agreement is not much is what I'm saying/ There is no way XFL is guaranteeing a spot on their roster for an NFL-A "grad".It may get them into XFL camp. I just think its word salad from XFL.