NFLA Academy to #AllUSFL

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
MGB01
MVP

Re: NFLA Academy to #AllUSFL

Post by MGB01 »

Hey Greg feel to use #OKDonnie
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: NFLA Academy to #AllUSFL

Post by GregParks »

4th&long wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:25 am
GregParks wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:23 pm
4th&long wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:39 pm

In practical terms what does that mean?
My reading of it is at the end of the NFL season, those in the NFL Alumni Academy at the time have an automatic offer to join the XFL. Some may decline and hope to sign a futures contract with an NFL team in the winter; others may choose to take the XFL up on its offer. It's simply a way for the XFL to ensure it has access to the best talent possible, in this case, those on the fringes of the NFL as these players would be.

Also I had said I agreed with your post.

So you agreed with my post that the USFL is not working with the NFL Alumni Academy, which is the opposite of what you said in the first post that started this whole mess? Good, I guess?
I agree they aren't working together formally, but they will look to place players at USFL as well as XFL. The XFL agreement is not much is what I'm saying/ There is no way XFL is guaranteeing a spot on their roster for an NFL-A "grad".It may get them into XFL camp. I just think its word salad from XFL.
No one is saying it's a guaranteed roster spot. Though it wouldn't be unprecedented as XFL 2020 did it with Team Nine players, automatically rolling them onto rosters after week five. All it says is a "contract," which could mean an invitation to camp (which would be taking place around the time the NFL season ends and NFL-A players would be moving to the XFL if they choose) or it could mean as little as being put in the free agent pool for teams to choose from. But if they're in the NFL-A Academy, I'm guessing they're pretty high-level young free-agents that XFL teams would snap up relatively quickly.
@gregmparks