Patterson and Lauletta released

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
GDAWG
MVP

Patterson and Lauletta released

Post by GDAWG »

herns
Head Coach

Re: Patterson and Lauletta released

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:28 pm
Panthers must be confident in Barrierer, I hope he gets a shot to play some. Maulers have a better qb room now then they started the year with imo, may help them a lot next season
4th&long
MVP

Patterson and Lauletta SIGNED

Post by 4th&long »

NJ signs Lauletta

NOLA signs Patterson

No way the league is letting those guys go. Do you think they had to signed the new contract amendment?
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

That’s a good question. I’m going to say that by changing teams would warrant signing that new agreement. I would think the league wants every opportunity to lock players in so I would think this would qualify.

I was also surprised the Panthers let Patterson go over Lynch. I was also surprised the Generals picked up Lauletta. Does this point to a more significant injury to Deandre Johnson? I never heard an injury report on him last week.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Reminder of the wording: Patterson and Lauletta didn't re-sign, they were claimed of waivers. In other words, this is the USFL engaging in tortious interference.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:09 am Reminder of the wording: Patterson and Lauletta didn't re-sign, they were claimed of waivers. In other words, this is the USFL engaging in tortious interference.
Or those teams coaching staffs had those qbs as high ranked ones going into the draft and saw them as talented but misused…
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:09 am Reminder of the wording: Patterson and Lauletta didn't re-sign, they were claimed of waivers. In other words, this is the USFL engaging in tortious interference.
Or Michigan didn't want Patterson anymore because Paxton Lynch is healthy and they like Josh Love but New Orleans did because Kyle Sloter is banged up, and Pittsburgh didn't want Lauletta anymore because they like Vad Lee and Roland Rivers but New Jersey wanted him because De'Andre Johnson is injured.

Do you think the NFL is "engaging in tortious interference" every time somebody is claimed off waivers too?
St. Louis BattleHawks