WEEK 8 GUESSES

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
MGB01
MVP

WEEK 8 GUESSES

Post by MGB01 »

Remember everything moves to Legion Field with Garth Brooks at Protective on June 4

6/3 PHI vs MICH USA 8:00

I'd put TB vs HOU here but NBC seems fixated on A)having the Panthers when available, and B)building USA up. As I say let em, and they can walk if they want to. If the 500K figure/game is correct then FOX should easily be able to withstand the 10.5 mil next year if they feel it's not worth being a hindrance to the league, especially if they get groups to offset it.

6/4 NO vs BIR FOX 3:00

Seeing the other slot is the dreaded Sun 11:00 one you want to keep the momentum where the Stallions are finally making a connection and, with Legion Field in play this week and ten, you need 10,000+ crowds for the home team, especially one that should roll in here 7-0. Best game of the week.

6/5 PIT vs NJ FOX 12:00

With the Generals rolling and a third game with the Stars (in Canton) possibly having been cliched two nights before I'm breaking my rule of not having the Maulers on FOX, which will be a third week in four, simply cause of Vad Lee. Plus Tampa's just too inconsistent, kicking them to................

6/5 HOU vs TB Peacock ?????

Tampa should have beaten Philly, the classic case of let an inferior team hang around. And JT has just not been there, two throws against the Stars: the fourth and 12 turned 7 that would have been big for the league this week that he led Franklin a tad too much on allowing Dennis to make the separation, and the overthrow on what should have the game-tying (at least) TD. Then we have the Gamblers who would possibly be 5-0 if the league didn't play the fourth quarter (and the way things are going.........). Will be attractive enough for NBC to put on Peacock cause the Bandits are still alive for a trip to Canton, other than that............
Last edited by MGB01 on Sun May 22, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
4th&long
MVP

Re: WEEK 8 GUESSES

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:28 am Remember everything moves to Legion Field with Garth Brooks at Protective on June 4

6/3 PHI vs MICH USA 8:00

I'd put TB vs HOU here but NBC seems fixated on A)having the Panthers when available, and B)building USA up. As I say let em, and they can walk if they want to. If the 500K figure/game is correct then FOX should easily be able to withstand the 10.5 mil next year if they feel it's not worth being a hindrance to the league, especially if they get groups to offset it.

6/4 NO vs BIR FOX 3:00

Seeing the other slot is the dreaded Sun 11:00 one you want to keep the momentum where the Stallions are finally making a connection and, with Legion Field in play this week and ten, you need 10,000+ crowds for the home team, especially one that should roll in here 7-0. Best game of the week.

6/5 PIT vs NJ FOX 12:00

With the Generals rolling and a third game with the Stars (in Canton) possibly having been cliched two nights before I'm breaking my rule of not having the Maulers on FOX, which will be a third week in four, simply cause of Vad Lee. Plus Tampa's just too inconsistent, kicking them to................

6/5 HOU vs TB Peacock ?????

Tampa should have beaten Philly, the classic case of let an inferior team hang around. And JT has just not been there, two throws against the Stars: the fourth and 12 turned 7 that would have been big for the league this week that he led Franklin a tad too much on allowing Dennis to make the separation, and the overthrow on what should have the game-tying (at least) TD. Then we have the Gamblers who would possibly be 5-0 if the league didn't play the fourth quarter (and the way things are going.........). Will be attractive enough for NBC to put on Peacock cause the Bandits are still alive for a trip to Canton, other than that............
Keep in MInd MG only 5 games left on Broadcast (based on original preseason PR) - not sure they burn 2 this week.

With that said, with all else same, could Pitt/NJ move to FS1?
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

FOX has both games because FS1 is all racing and UEFA Nations that week.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:25 pm FOX has both games because FS1 is all racing and UEFA Nations that week.
Could USA get two games?
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Doubtful, cause Peacock got four games exclusive. 6/5 is the third, although how that'll fly with WWE Hell In A Cell overlapping won't be too nice for their numbers.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:51 pm Doubtful, cause Peacock got four games exclusive. 6/5 is the third, although how that'll fly with WWE Hell In A Cell overlapping won't be too nice for their numbers.
Hmm I thought then had 2 already on with 3rd next week.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

No they've just had the one, the second is next week.

And Peacock is set for 4:00 on 6/5 so no overlap with HIAC, of course........................
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:13 pm No they've just had the one, the second is next week.

And Peacock is set for 4:00 on 6/5 so no overlap with HIAC, of course........................
Wait a miniute wasn't it week 3 AND 4 with peacock? I only see ratings for 3 games those weeks. What game am I missing?
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Peacock exclusive was week 3

Week four was PHI/MICH on FS1, NJ/PIT on USA, TB/BIR on FOX, and HOU/NO on NBC
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:25 pm Peacock exclusive was week 3

Week four was PHI/MICH on FS1, NJ/PIT on USA, TB/BIR on FOX, and HOU/NO on NBC