Ratings Wk 5

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

Re: Ratings Wk 5

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:31 am That and PIT/HOU should not have been the one to go against Bucks/Celtics G7. Bad week of programming all around, need to step up.

The fact that they came out with the week 7 schedule yesterday instead of today indicates they know this.
>> Ben Cafardo
@Ben_ESPN·4h
🏀ABC's broadcast of the #Celtics victory over the #Bucks in Game 7 on Sunday was the most-watched Eastern Conference Semifinals game since 2012. It averaged 7,481,000 viewers, peaking with 9,559,000 viewers at 6 p.m. (Nielsen). <<

So the Houston/Pitt game with massive competition almost equals NJ/NOLA on a rainy day in NY/NJ with no NBA or local MLB and no rangers?

IMO - The rain delay caused 1/3-1/2 audience drop. Could be positive thinking - but I know I turned it off. Hopefully we'll get hourly or Peak viewers for this game.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Wow that doesn't really say a hell of a lot for the NBA, considering that game was over in the second half and their peak viewers came in the final minutes? Plus if it's two million over their average then that really doesn't look good.

Maybe FOX knows something we don't, I still wouldn't put your worst matchup on against it. It'd be like the NFL putting Jags/Jets on Christmas Day instead of that Thursday night, then following it up with Lions/Panthers.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:36 pm Wow that doesn't really say a hell of a lot for the NBA, considering that game was over in the second half and their peak viewers came in the final minutes? Plus if it's two million over their average then that really doesn't look good.

Maybe FOX knows something we don't, I still wouldn't put your worst matchup on against it. It'd be like the NFL putting Jags/Jets on Christmas Day instead of that Thursday night, then following it up with Lions/Panthers.
Yeah to me that's really crazy - game was bad.

But to me why was NJ so bad while Pitt/Houston held up?
super390
Receiver

Post by super390 »

MGB01 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:36 pm Wow that doesn't really say a hell of a lot for the NBA, considering that game was over in the second half and their peak viewers came in the final minutes? Plus if it's two million over their average then that really doesn't look good.
Six o'clock was Celtics Nation showing up to celebrate. They dethroned the champion, but they're looking ahead.