PV: Good article on playing in league and QB Kyle Lauletta

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

PV: Good article on playing in league and QB Kyle Lauletta

Post by 4th&long »

https://www.phillyvoice.com/kyle-laulet ... ts-eagles/

>> This USFL also provides an inside look at football that no medium previously had access to, giving inside glimpses of the field through helmets cams and live sideline audio. The numbers have been decent, too. In the USFL debut weekend on April 15-17, NBC and Fox split 2.95 million viewers and the Maulers-Philadelphia Stars game garnered 1.056 million viewers on Fox, which combined with the USFL’s other games this weekend, faired better than Premier League soccer coverage on NBC and the NHL on ABC this past weekend.

It’s encouraging, considering the recent rash of spring football leagues that have failed
~
“Everybody in the USFL wants the same thing: Guys just want to play. They want to play in the NFL, but they also want to play. There were so many guys who individually reached out to me about contacts in the USFL. It’s going to be about who can mesh well early and building a team bond, and it’s going to be interesting how quickly that happens.”

I’m excited to see where this goes and I know I’m getting paid to do this, but it’s been super, super fun.”

“This league is all about fighting for your chance,” Lauletta said. “I’m not going to stop fighting for my chance. In the meantime, you be a leader and be there for your team and teammates. It doesn’t mean you give up your dreams. Yeah, this is like new life for guys like me.” <<