PFT: USFL articles

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

Re: PFT: USFL articles - K Sloter, Breakers QB

Post by 4th&long »

>> Kyle Sloter thinks he has shown in the USFL that he’s an NFL-quality quarterback<<

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... arterback/

>> Sloter told Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press that he has displayed NFL-quality play while leading New Orleans to a 5-2 record.

“I think I’m showing that I can lead a team, most importantly,” Sloter said. “I’m showing that I can win games, and finish in big situations. I think I’ve made a bunch of NFL throws with guys breathing down my neck.”

USFL players’ contracts allow them to sign with NFL teams after the USFL season ends on July 3, and Sloter hopes he’ll be in an NFL training camp.

“The reason I [played in the USFL] is to further my NFL career, and I hope I’ve turned some heads,” he said. “I can tell you there’s not 80 or 90 quarterbacks in the world who are better than me. I don’t think there’s 32 better than me.” <<

And he may. Whether its XFL or USFL these leagues provide players with real time game play on a field with guys hungry for the next step. That's a good environment to learn and establish one's self.
MGB01
MVP

Re: PFT: USFL articles

Post by MGB01 »

Note that it was one of Florio's lieutenants who wrote the piece, not "the man" himself, it would have another great example of Florio once again trying to walk the line (SPOILER: He can't) between trying to be pro-player and bashing them not cause they can't stick in the NFL, but because they don't do anything for him.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:13 pm Note that it was one of Florio's lieutenants who wrote the piece, not "the man" himself, it would have another great example of Florio once again trying to walk the line (SPOILER: He can't) between trying to be pro-player and bashing them not cause they can't stick in the NFL, but because they don't do anything for him.
Granted he's a whiny b##ch lawyer - but its better to have some USFL news pieces on PFT than not.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:24 pm
MGB01 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:13 pm Note that it was one of Florio's lieutenants who wrote the piece, not "the man" himself, it would have another great example of Florio once again trying to walk the line (SPOILER: He can't) between trying to be pro-player and bashing them not cause they can't stick in the NFL, but because they don't do anything for him.
Granted he's a whiny b##ch lawyer - but its better to have some USFL news pieces on PFT than not.
A WBL who often contradicts himself (sometimes in the same article) to make a supposed point, which as you would have guessed also flips.

And it ain't like whatever USFL content shows up on PFT is exclusive. I always get the same vibe from him as "Not this **** again" from Paul Heyman during XFL recaps on RAW in 2001.
4th&long
MVP

PFT: USFL changes rule to prevent tanking

Post by 4th&long »

>> USFL changes rule to prevent tanking, winner of Panthers-Maulers gets first draft pick <<

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... raft-pick/

>> Still, the NFL should take notes: Incentivizing losing at the end of the season results in a lot of bad football games being played between two teams that are already out of playoff contention. If the NFL instead changed its draft order so that the non-playoff team that won the most games after being mathematically eliminated from the playoffs got the first overall pick, late-season games between losing teams would be a lot more meaningful, and a lot more exciting to watch. The USFL may be on to something. <<

A fair amount of comments for a USFL article
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

And you post another Florio piece where he takes jabs at the league.............

When will you learn?
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:52 pm And you post another Florio piece where he takes jabs at the league.............

When will you learn?
I'm just posting them, good and bad...sometimes any attention is better than none anyway. Yeah his a Tool on many levels. MF does what he does - mostly tool out... :P
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:52 pm And you post another Florio piece where he takes jabs at the league.............

When will you learn?
He didn't write that, Michael David Smith did. Florio is too busy posting 100 consecutive posts about DeShaun Watson.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:34 pm

When will you learn?
He didn't write that, Michael David Smith did. Florio is too busy posting 100 consecutive posts about DeShaun Watson.
GOLD! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Haslem is an idiot.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... um=twitter

>> Thanks to what the USFL should have called “The Stephen Ross Rule,” a season-ending victory by the 1-8 Panthers over the 1-8 Maulers gave the Panthers the first pick in next year’s USFL draft. Of course, it’s unclear what that really means at this point, for various reasons.

Who will be in the draft pool? Will Fisher even be coaching the Panthers? Will the USFL even exist in 2023?

It’s unclear how well the USFL has been doing financially. After some early chatter regarding ratings that looked to be good enough to sustain the league for another season, there hasn’t been much out there about viewership in recent weeks. And perhaps all that that implies. <<

Go ahead MG blast the douche. Does he even pick up a phone to call the league, I'm sure they'd talk to him. Fedora already on record as saying coaches have been told they'll be back for 2023.

Johnson talking 2023. I wonder if Mike pisses on his on kids like this, he says ESPN won't talk USFL and will pump XFL... why don't you take notes. Ahole...