USFL Opening game

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
herns
Head Coach

USFL Opening game

Post by herns »

“The opening game of the new USFL’s 2022 inaugural season kicks off in Birmingham at Protective—with the Stallions on the field.”

Looks like the stallions are in the opening game

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/stat ... 9196881927
Gopher123
Quarterback

Re: USFL Opening game

Post by Gopher123 »

https://xflnewshub.com/usfl/new-jersey- ... usfl-game/

It’s being reported that the Birmingham Stallions will be taking on the New Jersey Generals, April 16th.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Gopher123 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:04 pm https://xflnewshub.com/usfl/new-jersey- ... usfl-game/

It’s being reported that the Birmingham Stallions will be taking on the New Jersey Generals, April 16th.
Yup, saw it on ticket master. I like it, having the opening game be the home team against the most well known brand. I could see it bringing in a big crowd and a big tv audience
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

UAB got 37,000 for their Protective debut against Liberty. Grain of salt applies because UAB inflated the numbers their last years at Legion Field--although they definitely weren't alone in that dept.

Nonetheless, first chance. Better be up to it.
HVGuardian
Receiver

Post by HVGuardian »

Is it just me or does A LOT of stuff have to happen in under 3 months…?
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

HVGuardian wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:31 pm Is it just me or does A LOT of stuff have to happen in under 3 months…?
I think it’ll be fine. Sounds like they’ve got a lot of it figured out behind the scenes. I hate how quietly they like to operate though. But the fact after Bruno said no chance at playing and says he was presented with how the league would operate and the pay that it sold him along with 2 agencies saying the behind the scenes of this is one of the best they’d seen gives some good confidence at least for me. That said their PR and media stuff needs to be figured out because it isn’t great right now
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:52 pm
HVGuardian wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:31 pm Is it just me or does A LOT of stuff have to happen in under 3 months…?
I think it’ll be fine. Sounds like they’ve got a lot of it figured out behind the scenes. I hate how quietly they like to operate though. But the fact after Bruno said no chance at playing and says he was presented with how the league would operate and the pay that it sold him along with 2 agencies saying the behind the scenes of this is one of the best they’d seen gives some good confidence at least for me. That said their PR and media stuff needs to be figured out because it isn’t great right now
While they had a snafu (4 than 2 coaches announced last week) the USFL has by far done more TV teaser commercials and related promotion than the other leagues by far. TO me that's more important.

I do think they meant to milk the last 4 coaches over two announcements