Final 4 coaches on The Herd today

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Final 4 coaches on The Herd today

Post by GDAWG »

I don't want the USFL to be full of Mularkey, so no.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:24 am
MGB01 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:36 pm Pretty much obvious after this Titanic choke that the USFL should announce Mike Mularkey as Maulers HC as a nice 'hello Tennessee'.

Reminder that Mularkey was fired despite reaching the divisional round in 2017 (which means Vrabel should be fired too by that logic). I never hold bad moves by clueless ownership against anybody.
Malarkey would be a good pickup for the USFL. In NOLA or Michigan - Maulers already have Kirby.

He's like a Haley, mix of position, OC and HC experience in NFL and out of FB for 2 years. Also a player. I like that move and hope USFL can get him in one of the 2 remaining open positions.
Oh yeah NOLA (not Pitt), Moss spent a year on Jim Haslett's staff, so there's that, and Mularkey was a Viking so he's got the "Norris" thing down (Mich)
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

UPDATE

FINAL 2 COACHES TO BE ANNOUNCED TODAY https://xflnewsroom.com/usfl/usfl-set-t ... -the-herd/
4th&long
MVP

FISHER & FEDORA HC for USFL

Post by 4th&long »

Gopher123 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:12 pm UPDATE

FINAL 2 COACHES TO BE ANNOUNCED TODAY https://xflnewsroom.com/usfl/usfl-set-t ... -the-herd/
Yep - makes sense to me - they wanted to milk the last two for more media attention, every announcement gets eyeballs, whether they had them under contract already or just this week.

FEDORA for NOLA - former NC CFB HC
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

I wonder if the hang up with not announcing all 4 coaches before was in NOLA, as it seems Fisher was ready to go before and then wasn’t on the show. I’m sure most people aren’t going to be blown away with Fedora because of the lack of name familiarity but I will give them all a chance. I wasn’t pumped up about Pep Hamilton at first either but look at what he became.

There you go herns, Jeff Fisher HC of the Michigan Panthers. Just what you didn’t want! :lol:
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Fedora's USM knocked Sumlin's UH out of a BCS bowl once, so those Breaker/Gambler games should be fun. More recently, he went all Ultimate Warrior on kickoffs, I'll give him that he's mellowed a bit since then. Oh and Fedora hired Gene Chizik for his first run as UNC DC.

Fisher is probably more famous for the "7-9 bleep" on Hard Knocks a few years back. But actually, since I pinned Mularkey and they went with another ex-Titans HC (I see you Tennessee) I'm counting it :D
GDAWG
MVP

Re: FISHER & FEDORA HC for USFL

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:34 pm
Gopher123 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:12 pm UPDATE

Yep - makes sense to me - they wanted to milk the last two for more media attention, every announcement gets eyeballs, whether they had them under contract already or just this week.

FEDORA for NOLA - former NC CFB HC
3 straight seasons of 4-6 followed by three more seasons at 5-5.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Gopher123 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:22 pm I wonder if the hang up with not announcing all 4 coaches before was in NOLA, as it seems Fisher was ready to go before and then wasn’t on the show. I’m sure most people aren’t going to be blown away with Fedora because of the lack of name familiarity but I will give them all a chance. I wasn’t pumped up about Pep Hamilton at first either but look at what he became.

:lol: :lol: I don’t hate it I’m just like meh. Really I didn’t want a defensive coach but oh well, the USFL is on top 10 trending on Twitter so it’s good for the league at least. No clue what to expect from him tho

There you go herns, Jeff Fisher HC of the Michigan Panthers. Just what you didn’t want! :lol: