USFL Potential players and those Pre selected for Draft

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

USFL Potential players and those Pre selected for Draft

Post by 4th&long »

Let's use this thread to speculate on potential players AND discuss those sleected by the league to participate in the "palyer selection" process on Feb 22-23.

Assumption: Like the XFL I can see USFL paying more than non-QB's - but at what rate? Who knows.

So the easy choices will be former AAF/XFL/TSL top players.

Some QB's:
Ryan WILLIS
Luis PEREZ
Vad Lee
Brian Lewerke (on NYG PS now)
Brandon SILVERS
Kevin ANDERSON
Nick FITZGERALD
Jordan Ta'amu

I'm not familiar with those who may be eligible but many I here have some good ideas. Thoughts?
herns
Head Coach

Re: USFL Potential players and those Pre selected for Draft

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:07 am Let's use this thread to speculate on potential players AND discuss those sleected by the league to participate in the "palyer selection" process on Feb 22-23.

Assumption: Like the XFL I can see USFL paying more than non-QB's - but at what rate? Who knows.

Some QB's:
Ryan WILLIS
Luis PEREZ
Vad Lee
Brandon SILVERS
Kevin ANDERSON
Nick FITZGERALD
Jordan Ta'amu

I'm not familiar with those who may be eligible but many I here have some good ideas. Thoughts?
Bryan Scott (TSL mvp/record holder) and Chad Kelly have been long rumored so I would say they’re very possible. Jamie Newman, Roland Rivers, and Kyle Sloter are all younger free agents I’d love to see get a shot
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:53 am
4th&long wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:07 am Let's use this thread to speculate on potential players AND discuss those sleected by the league to participate in the "palyer selection" process on Feb 22-23.

Some QB's:
Ryan WILLIS
Luis PEREZ
Vad Lee
Brandon SILVERS
Kevin ANDERSON
Nick FITZGERALD
Jordan Ta'amu

Bryan Scott (TSL mvp/record holder) and Chad Kelly have been long rumored so I would say they’re very possible. Jamie Newman, Roland Rivers, and Kyle Sloter are all younger free agents I’d love to see get a shot
If money involved and scott in shape he could be in play and Chad Kelly will get a look for the name.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:31 am

Some QB's:
Ryan WILLIS
Luis PEREZ
Vad Lee
Brandon SILVERS
Kevin ANDERSON
Nick FITZGERALD
Jordan Ta'amu

If money involved and scott in shape he could be in play and Chad Kelly will get a look for the name.
Ya Scott’s in shape still. He seems to want to go to Philly and reunite with Andrus. I really hope they can get Kelly and Newman in. Rivers I think is a realistic name. If they can get these names in the league that’s a good group if qbs
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:00 am

Ya Scott’s in shape still. He seems to want to go to Philly and reunite with Andrus. I really hope they can get Kelly and Newman in. Rivers I think is a realistic name. If they can get these names in the league that’s a good group if qbs
Scott not playing in TSL 2021 may hurt his chances - ie not having real reps. Let's see what he's got. I'm sure he's at least in the mix. Where are you reading that? His Twitter?
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Some QB's:
Ryan WILLIS
Luis PEREZ
Vad Lee
Brandon SILVERS
Kevin ANDERSON
Nick FITZGERALD
Jordan Ta'amu

Ryan Willis at this moment is on the Bears practice squad. We'll see what happens next week in regards to futures contracts.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:45 am
herns wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:00 am

Scott not playing in TSL 2021 may hurt his chances - ie not having real reps. Let's see what he's got. I'm sure he's at least in the mix. Where are you reading that? His Twitter?
Ya just based off his Twitter likes the only USFL stuff he likes is Bart Andrus stuff and there’sa lot of stories him and Andrus are really close
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

No Tannehill please :lol: :lol: :lol:
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:56 pm No Tannehill please :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe he'll end up in GB, unless McCarthy Jr. plans on Jordan Love underthrowing Allen Lazard by five yards with Tony Mandarich blocking for them (Trent Williams can war through a game 21 below freezing, yet Bakhtiari's on the sideline getting fat, hmmmmmmm) for his new offense. They could win five games, for real.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:27 am
4th&long wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:56 pm No Tannehill please :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe he'll end up in GB, unless McCarthy Jr. plans on Jordan Love underthrowing Allen Lazard by five yards with Tony Mandarich blocking for them (Trent Williams can war through a game 21 below freezing, yet Bakhtiari's on the sideline getting fat, hmmmmmmm) for his new offense. They could win five games, for real.
Who knows where Rodgers ends up, he'll be 39 this year. A whooping 10 points including an opening drive TD while SF adjusted to weather.Throws Special teams under bus. What a guy.

Could end up in GB, Indy, NO, even Tenn. who knows - but he laid an egg yesterday

Tannehill will be OK in NFL but his $$ take a hit after his playoff performances