USFL news

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

USFL promos during CFB Championship wkend?

Post by 4th&long »

I didn't see any USFL promos during the CFB Conf Championship weekend.

Did anyone?

I think that was a missed opportunity.
herns
Head Coach

Re: USFL promos during CFB Championship wkend?

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:37 am I didn't see any USFL promos during the CFB Conf Championship weekend.

Did anyone?

can’t say much but don’t expect news/official announcements until 2022
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:34 pm
4th&long wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:37 am I didn't see any USFL promos during the CFB Conf Championship weekend.

Did anyone

Understood.

But the best time to promote FB - espcially new FB - is during.... FB. It was a missed opportunity, though i didn't see all the Fox games so can't be sure.

I would not expect more thant a 15 second of less Teaser commercial.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:32 pm
herns wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:34 pm

Did anyone

Understood.

But the best time to promote FB - espcially new FB - is during.... FB. It was a missed opportunity, though i didn't see all the Fox games so can't be sure.

I would not expect more thant a 15 second of less Teaser commercial.
Ya I would agree with that but on the other side it does sound like the plan is to blitz out info in the few months leading up to the season. Not saying I love that plan but I could see it being effective
MGB01
MVP

Re: USFL news

Post by MGB01 »

Definitely during Michigan/Iowa, there is the whole connection (if you can call it that) of being a former SFL venue. During Utah State/San Diego State not really, since it's the lowest rated non net game (and Baylor/Oklahoma State took up most of the overlap before the SECCG anyway)--plus, microscopic as it may seem, there is the chance of being a "shot across the bow" playing in a former XFL venue pitching the USFL if the whole thing goes south and FOX might want to get back in the XFL game.

That said, they're going to have to be really creative how they do this "blitz": the XFL came right after Super Bowl XLIV, here they've only got NASCAR and college basketball (up through the Pac 12 CG) between the NFCCG and USFL kickoff. Can't have a rehash of the SFL for obvious reasons.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:50 pm Definitely during Michigan/Iowa, there is the whole connection (if you can call it that) of being a former SFL venue. During Utah State/San Diego State not really, since it's the lowest rated non net game (and Baylor/Oklahoma State took up most of the overlap before the SECCG anyway)--plus, microscopic as it may seem, there is the chance of being a "shot across the bow" playing in a former XFL venue pitching the USFL if the whole thing goes south and FOX might want to get back in the XFL game.

That said, they're going to have to be really creative how they do this "blitz": the XFL came right after Super Bowl XLIV, here they've only got NASCAR and college basketball (up through the Pac 12 CG) between the NFCCG and USFL kickoff. Can't have a rehash of the SFL for obvious reasons.
I think you meant TSL (The Spring League) but yes , agreed. And they've made it clear this will be pretty heavily promoted while TSL was just a few commercials at best.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

For some reason I was thinking of a sim league I used to be in, good catch
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

MGB01 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:50 pm Definitely during Michigan/Iowa, there is the whole connection (if you can call it that) of being a former SFL venue. During Utah State/San Diego State not really, since it's the lowest rated non net game (and Baylor/Oklahoma State took up most of the overlap before the SECCG anyway)--plus, microscopic as it may seem, there is the chance of being a "shot across the bow" playing in a former XFL venue pitching the USFL if the whole thing goes south and FOX might want to get back in the XFL game.

I am very confident it’ll be marketed better than TSL was, even though that isn’t setting the bar high. Also gotta remember when comparing the USFL timeline to the xfls that USFL is later in the year so they still have a good amount of time to build a runway after New Years. I can about guarantee that this league isn’t a holder for xfl though because they would’ve just used TSL again if that was the case. I’m confident it makes it to year 2 and past that is a guess though
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

What would they even be promoting? Can I buy tickets or mark my calendar? They're not ready to advertise, imo.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:34 pm What would they even be promoting? Can I buy tickets or mark my calendar? They're not ready to advertise, imo.
They woud be promoting the league will be playing in April thru early july. On Fox.

They don't have to have a promo reel - just a teaser promo to generate buzz and interest, happens all the time.