Its Official! USFL is Back!

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
Firecop
Coach

Re: Its Official! USFL is Back!

Post by Firecop »

Time will indeed tell.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
4th&long
MVP

USFL logos filed?

Post by 4th&long »

PHILLY STARS

https://twitter.com/Newsusfl/status/1462603239615086593

>> A Philadelphia Stars logo has been trademarked by NSFL <<

also NO Breakers, Houston Gamblers and NJ Generals pending?

Is this a red herring or real deal? I can definitely see Houston, Philly and NJ(ie NY). Those 3 alone represent over 11% neilsen market share.
herns
Head Coach

Re: USFL logos filed?

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:35 pm PHILLY STARS

https://twitter.com/Newsusfl/status/1462603239615086593

>> A Philadelphia Stars logo has been trademarked by NSFL <<

also NO Breakers, Houston Gamblers and NJ Generals pending?

Is this a red herring or real deal? I can definitely see Houston, Philly and NJ(ie NY). Those 3 alone represent over 11% neilsen market share.
Those teams have also gotten private social media accounts I assume will be made public tomorrow
4th&long
MVP

USFL ablaze on Twitter

Post by 4th&long »

Anyone questioning the choice of league names still? Since the 2nd big news drop the twitterverse is getting alot of USFL play.

Perfect for a Thanksgiving dinner talk, chat, mention, dismissal or shout out. The timing should play well.

Talk of Wade Phillips to coach Houston Gamblers heating up - Mike Mitchell tweet below...

https://twitter.com/ByMikeMitchell/stat ... 0923083777

>> Mike Mitchell @ByMikeMitchell
I am hearing from sources that longtime NFL coach Wade Phillips is a leading candidate to be the head coach of the Houston Gamblers in the USFL.

Not finalized yet. Several coaches have been vying for the position. <<

Several coaches VYING for the position?! NICE!
herns
Head Coach

Re: USFL ablaze on Twitter

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:52 am Anyone questioning the choice of league names still? Since the 2nd big news drop the twitterverse is getting alot of USFL play.

Perfect for a Thanksgiving dinner talk, chat, mention, dismissal or shout out. The timing should play well.

Talk of Wade Phillips to coach Houston Gamblers heating up - Mike Mitchell tweet below...

I am hearing from sources that longtime NFL coach Wade Phillips is a leading candidate to be the head coach of the Houston Gamblers in the USFL.

I love it, I still want June Jones coaching a team. I wonder if he’d be willing to go outside Houston, Mike didn’t seem sure about anything with him other than the USFL wants him and Jones loved his time in 2020
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

He's coached from Hawaii to Hamilton. He seems flexible. And remember, that if the 2022 season is in Birmingham, that's the city everyone needs to commit to in Year 1. Wade Phillips would be in Houston and Steve Spurrier in Tampa in name only.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

4th&long wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:52 am Anyone questioning the choice of league names still? Since the 2nd big news drop the twitterverse is getting alot of USFL play.

The USFL news did cause a spike yesterday, but still not much more than a blip on the radar. Looking at the 30 day Google trends, the XFL is still leading by a lot, and that's just with announcing a few executives.
https://trends.google.com/trends/explor ... q=usfl,xfl
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

laxtreme56 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:04 pm

The USFL news did cause a spike yesterday, but still not much more than a blip on the radar. Looking at the 30 day Google trends, the XFL is still leading by a lot, and that's just with announcing a few executives.
https://trends.google.com/trends/explor ... q=usfl,xfl
USFL was in the top trends for Twitter which I think is probably most important as that’s the platform where I think a large section of their Audience is. The leagues got more followers than the AAF did when the aaf season was starting also. Basically I’m saying USFL had a great day yesterday and if their season goes well that’s good for all spring football regardless if you’re an xfl die hard or just a spring ball die hard
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Potential Stadiums after 2022:

Michigan Panthers- Ford Field
New Jersey Generals- MetLife Stadium or Red Bull Arena
Philadelphia Stars- Lincoln Financial Field or Subaru Park
Pittsburgh Maulers- Heinz Field

Birmingham Stallions- Protective Stadium or Legion Field
Houston Gamblers- NRG Stadium, PNC Stadium, Rice Stadium or TDECU Stadium
New Orleans Breakers- Cesar's Superdome or Yulman Stadium
Tampa Bay Bandits- Raymond James Stadium
super390
Receiver

Post by super390 »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:47 pm

Michigan Panthers- Ford Field
New Jersey Generals- MetLife Stadium or Red Bull Arena
Philadelphia Stars- Lincoln Financial Field or Subaru Park
Pittsburgh Maulers- Heinz Field

Birmingham Stallions- Protective Stadium or Legion Field
Houston Gamblers- NRG Stadium, PNC Stadium, Rice Stadium or TDECU Stadium
New Orleans Breakers- Cesar's Superdome or Yulman Stadium
Tampa Bay Bandits- Raymond James Stadium
Another possibility I looked up was Rutgers' S.H.I. Stadium.

I thought there might be potential future new soccer stadiums coming along in some of these markets, with even USL stadiums being proposed oversized for future MLS use, but a quick check shows that the big stadium action now is in mid-size cities outside of the Northeast. Tampa would be the logical place to get a useful soccer stadium due to the Rowdies' longstanding popularity but the paralysis over the Rays' stadium situation is holding things up. Detroit is only now getting into the USL and no one's ready to get serious there yet. Probably looking post-2025 on both.

I really think Pittsburgh is a mistake as a market, compared to Chicago.