Its Official! USFL is Back!

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
laxtreme56
Coach

Re: Its Official! USFL is Back!

Post by laxtreme56 »

super390 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:19 pm
GDAWG wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:47 pm

Michigan Panthers- Ford Field
New Jersey Generals- MetLife Stadium or Red Bull Arena
Philadelphia Stars- Lincoln Financial Field or Subaru Park
Pittsburgh Maulers- Heinz Field

Birmingham Stallions- Protective Stadium or Legion Field
Houston Gamblers- NRG Stadium, PNC Stadium, Rice Stadium or TDECU Stadium
New Orleans Breakers- Cesar's Superdome or Yulman Stadium
Tampa Bay Bandits- Raymond James Stadium
Another possibility I looked up was Rutgers' S.H.I. Stadium.

I thought there might be potential future new soccer stadiums coming along in some of these markets, with even USL stadiums being proposed oversized for future MLS use, but a quick check shows that the big stadium action now is in mid-size cities outside of the Northeast. Tampa would be the logical place to get a useful soccer stadium due to the Rowdies' longstanding popularity but the paralysis over the Rays' stadium situation is holding things up. Detroit is only now getting into the USL and no one's ready to get serious there yet. Probably looking post-2025 on both.

I really think Pittsburgh is a mistake as a market, compared to Chicago.
As a NJ resident, Rutgers stadium would be a no-go. There's no mass transit to get there, literally one road in/out, and to the best of my knowledge, no alcohol served inside the stadium. Red Bull arena would be the best fit, with Metlife being 2nd. There is a train that runs to Metlife stadium, but NJ transit did not operate it during Guardians XFL games. As it cost more to park than an actual XFL ticket, I'm sure the train access could have easily added another 3000+ to game day attendance had it been in operation.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Fox tried to get Pat Mcafee to kick in the USFL and apparently the meeting did not go well 😂. He leaves the door open to owning a team but called the play offer a slap in the face since he’s declined NFL deals recently
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

herns wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:26 pm Fox tried to get Pat Mcafee to kick in the USFL and apparently the meeting did not go well 😂. He leaves the door open to owning a team but called the play offer a slap in the face since he’s declined NFL deals recently
He had a tryout with the Chicago Bears when they had their kicking issues and realized that he wasn't going to come back.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:34 pm
herns wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:26 pm Fox tried to get Pat Mcafee to kick in the USFL and apparently the meeting did not go well 😂. He leaves the door open to owning a team but called the play offer a slap in the face since he’s declined NFL deals recently
He had a tryout with the Chicago Bears when they had their kicking issues and realized that he wasn't going to come back.
Ya he was also offered to be on the Bucs last year but he says his knees are shot. Offer him either a broadcasting role or ownership stake in the maulers to have him involved but he’s not playing. It does signal they’re going for big names though
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:47 pm
Ya he was also offered to be on the Bucs last year but he says his knees are shot. Offer him either a broadcasting role or ownership stake in the maulers to have him involved but he’s not playing. It does signal they’re going for big names though
Honestly - I'm not a big fan of his, while admittedly he is a big name in Radio etc..
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Safe to say that his most physical activity these days is rockin it to Rick Boogs and Shinsuke Nakamura

Don't remember if Vinatieri missed a game or not, but would PMc have done double duty in that case?
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

MGB01 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:58 am

Safe to say that his most physical activity these days is rockin it to Rick Boogs and Shinsuke Nakamura

Don't remember if Vinatieri missed a game or not, but would PMc have done double duty in that case?
He was a kicker in college so I’d assume he wouldn’t done both. Apparently it does a ton of damage to the knees to do both and kick off