YH article:Clock ticking for Birmingham officials to finalize Fox Sports USFL deal

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

YH article:Clock ticking for Birmingham officials to finalize Fox Sports USFL deal

Post by 4th&long »

>> Clock ticking for Birmingham officials to finalize Fox Sports USFL deal<<

https://yellowhammernews.com/clock-tick ... usfl-deal/

>>The Greater Birmingham Convention & Visitors Bureau will meet on Thursday to discuss the BJCC’s funding proposal. State Sen. Jabo Waggoner (R-Vestavia Hills), a vocal proponent of the city hosting the USFL, holds a seat on the board and called for the meeting to take place.

U.S. Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-AL) offered his assessment to Yellowhammer News of the unique opportunity that sits before Birmingham and Alabama as a whole in becoming home to the USFL.

“There’s not a better area in the country that would support and loves college or professional football,” said Tuberville. “Birmingham and the area has tremendous ratings every time football games are played. So, I hope they do their research on this. I was at Protective Stadium last week, what a great venue.”

Tuberville, the former Auburn University head football coach, noted the need for a league in which players can develop their skills to eventually have the opportunity of being signed by an NFL team.

The senator added, “I think it would be great for the city of Birmingham and the state of Alabama to possibly to do this and we’ll see how the talks go.”

All eyes are on local officials as an eager city awaits to see if stakeholders will take advantage of the unprecedented offer from one of the most prestigious brands in network television.<<
herns
Head Coach

Re: YH article:Clock ticking for Birmingham officials to finalize Fox Sports USFL deal

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:58 pm >> Clock ticking for Birmingham officials to finalize Fox Sports USFL deal<<

https://yellowhammernews.com/clock-tick ... usfl-deal/

>>The Greater Birmingham Convention & Visitors Bureau will meet on Thursday to discuss the BJCC’s funding proposal. State Sen. Jabo Waggoner (R-Vestavia Hills), a vocal proponent of the city hosting the USFL, holds a seat on the board and called for the meeting to take place.

U.S. Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-AL) offered his assessment to Yellowhammer News of the unique opportunity that sits before Birmingham and Alabama as a whole in becoming home to the USFL.

“There’s not a better area in the country that would support and loves college or professional football,” said Tuberville. “Birmingham and the area has tremendous ratings every time football games are played. So, I hope they do their research on this. I was at Protective Stadium last week, what a great venue.”

Tuberville, the former Auburn University head football coach, noted the need for a league in which players can develop their skills to eventually have the opportunity of being signed by an NFL team.

The senator added, “I think it would be great for the city of Birmingham and the state of Alabama to possibly to do this and we’ll see how the talks go.”

All eyes are on local officials as an eager city awaits to see if stakeholders will take advantage of the unprecedented offer from one of the most prestigious brands in network television.<<
Sounds like we’ll hear something official tomorrow