USFL Birmingham reach Deal

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
herns
Head Coach

Re: USFL Birmingham reach Deal

Post by herns »

Gopher123 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:50 am
herns wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:58 pm
4th&long wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:51 pm

FOX played tough and got a good deal. Costs savings are good for the leagues longterm chances.

If the new USFL goes into Phily, NY, Houston, and LA then the other 4 can be from small markets like Birmingham. Those 4 alone have 15%+ of the TV market. XFL had 22% and AAF only approx 9.25%. So being in those 4 allows for smaller markets with more rabid fan bases.
Ive got to agree, I think this league getting that deal really sets it up for success. I’ve seen a lot of love for New Orleans as a market also. Can someone explain to me why so many are rooting against this league?
Also, I think there are a lot of us spring football fans who aren’t cheering against as much as just being understandably cautious. Many of us have seen leagues crash and burn in seemingly every imaginable way. The fall of XFL 2.0 was the most disheartening for many. Until we know the money is there and the plans actually are put in place and are official, some will turn a cold shoulder to any league starting out.
That makes sense, xfl 2020 was the first league I was really disappointed in going down and was all in on. I think that since it sounds like they’re trying to combine elements of xfl 2020 with TSL this league may have a business model that works. I refuse to let the bankruptcy’s take my optimism lol. Rooting for all leagues to work out!