This isn't good

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
MGB01
MVP

This isn't good

Post by MGB01 »

You know if the USFL wants to go from thing in 2022 to thing in 2023, well FOX not completely blowing everything like they are in this Nebraska/Illinois opener would be a big help

Illinois gets a safety, they give to Nebraska

Nebraska wipes out their own interception with a double foul, completely changing the game, they give it to Adrian Martinez (Nebraska has dual #2s)

Martinez fumbles before the half and Illinois returns it for six, TD Nebraska!

Good grief! Going by this NU would be up 18-7. Sure no GuJo or Klatt (plus only 3/5 of FOX' studio team) but given that FOX wont have anywhere near this setup for the USFL these F-ups will stand out more. BW are you watching?
4th&long
MVP

Re: This isn't good

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:10 pm You know if the USFL wants to go from thing in 2022 to thing in 2023, well FOX not completely blowing everything like they are in this Nebraska/Illinois opener would be a big help

Nebraska wipes out their own interception with a double foul, completely changing the game, they give it to Adrian Martinez (Nebraska has dual #2s)

Good grief! Going by this NU would be up 18-7. Sure no GuJo or Klatt (plus only 3/5 of FOX' studio team) but given that FOX wont have anywhere near this setup for the USFL these F-ups will stand out more. BW are you watching?

I'm not following you MGB - what did Fox do exactly?
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:26 am
MGB01 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:10 pm You know if the USFL wants to go from thing in 2022 to thing in 2023, well FOX not completely blowing everything like they are in this Nebraska/Illinois opener would be a big help

Everything I just mentioned--more production goofs than anything with the announce crew, granted it's not a big deal for college since it was JD and Huard and not the #1 team (although they will be doing LSU/UCLA so they're not unimportant) but these errors will matter for the USFL, since some combo of what we saw in TSL will be the lead USFL team.

Let's put it this way: their botches were almost Madden-level, so BW might wanna be saying 'Um, guys?'
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Absolutely PATHETIC! I expect way better from FOX and Brock Huard. A pretty dismal start for sure!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:05 am

Everything I just mentioned--more production goofs than anything with the announce crew, granted it's not a big deal for college since it was JD and Huard and not the #1 team (although they will be doing LSU/UCLA so they're not unimportant) but these errors will matter for the USFL, since some combo of what we saw in TSL will be the lead USFL team.

Let's put it this way: their botches were almost Madden-level, so BW might wanna be saying 'Um, guys?'
BW isn't going to take a break from kissing their azz to do that. He needs Fox. One bad low level college game in Aug isn't on anyone's radar.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:08 pm
MGB01 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:05 am

BW isn't going to take a break from kissing their azz to do that. He needs Fox. One bad low level college game in Aug isn't on anyone's radar.
Of course he shouldn't, but FOX should step their game up. I mean granted Nebraska should have won by about 20 (they knocked Brandon Peters out and ended up getting beat down by a guy who couldn't get on at Rutgers) so maybe in a way it was a statement thing but that's really dumb if so--I mean what is this, Barstool Sports? What if this happens two weeks from now in NO (or wherever, if the Saints end up having to go full Katrina-mode) and they give Jameis Winston's graphic to Aaron Rodgers? Production helped make XFL2.0 a thing, the USFL needs the same
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

FOX was at it again last night with more graphics goodness (goofness)

OSU gets a long TD on a screen from C.J. Stroud to TreVeyon Henderson, they gave it to Miyan Williams--who had an earlier 72-yard rumble.

But the real highlight was that for the length of a commercial break, it was a ten-point score as the Buckeyes went from 31-24 to 41-24. Even Gus Johnson wasn't paying attention as he proclaimed OSU up 17.

Luckily for them ESPN also got in on the act a bit with Lamar vs North American (which sounds like a university that Eddie Murphy made up in Coming to America), of course it was on ESPN+ in front of what looked like hundreds for the Cards' season-opening blowout of the NAU Logo

Once again, BW over here saying 'Dude..................'
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

I think this is probably pretty low on Woods's list of concerns as he's trying to get an entire football league off the ground in the next 6-8 months.
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

True that, but if FOX continues to be 'GaffeKings' it's gonna be another one if all the sudden they can't draw a million viewers because the graphics are killing everybody

One million viewers or less (especially in the traditional alt league graveyard) vs six and all the sudden I'm far from the only one noticing these things. NFL and NCAA (depending on who's playing), it's a haha funny; USFL, it's potentially foot-on-throat
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:37 pm FOX was at it again last night with more graphics goodness (goofness)

OSU gets a long TD on a screen from C.J. Stroud to TreVeyon Henderson, they gave it to Miyan Williams--who had an earlier 72-yard rumble.

But the real highlight was that for the length of a commercial break, it was a ten-point score as the Buckeyes went from 31-24 to 41-24. Even Gus Johnson wasn't paying attention as he proclaimed OSU up 17.

Luckily for them ESPN also got in on the act a bit with Lamar vs North American (which sounds like a university that Eddie Murphy made up in Coming to America), of course it was on ESPN+ in front of what looked like hundreds for the Cards' season-opening blowout of the NAU Logo

Once again, BW over here saying 'Dude..................'
Really? Gus and Klatt were awesome Thursday night! They made a fun game even more exciting, they nailed it.