Some USFL Trademark Activity

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
Post Reply
FootballFan
Receiver
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:59 am

Some USFL Trademark Activity

Post by FootballFan »

The original Showboats logo was published for opposition back in January. I hope they use the old one for the 2024 season, I don't like the new one.
https://www.trademarkia.com/showboats-97138228

The LA Express logo was approved for publication on February 3rd. Probably doesn't mean they'll be using it anytime soon, but I can see the Express making a comeback if the UFL enters the LA market.
https://www.trademarkia.com/la-express-97138225
User avatar
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 1774
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:09 pm

Re: Some USFL Trademark Activity

Post by MarkNelson »

FootballFan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:08 am The LA Express logo was approved for publication on February 3rd. Probably doesn't mean they'll be using it anytime soon, but I can see the Express making a comeback if the UFL enters the LA market.
https://www.trademarkia.com/la-express-97138225
I'd love to see the UFL confident enough to enter the LA market.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
User avatar
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach
Posts: 1960
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:22 pm

Re: Some USFL Trademark Activity

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Hmm. XFL was also keeping the LA Wildcats trademarks active, too. Hard to reconcile both being active unless this is just a merchandising ploy.
User avatar
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach
Posts: 1960
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:22 pm

Re: Some USFL Trademark Activity

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

MarkNelson wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:48 pm
FootballFan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:08 am The LA Express logo was approved for publication on February 3rd. Probably doesn't mean they'll be using it anytime soon, but I can see the Express making a comeback if the UFL enters the LA market.
https://www.trademarkia.com/la-express-97138225
I'd love to see the UFL confident enough to enter the LA market.
I mean, Oakland Invaders, Sacramento Mountain Lions, LA Express or Wildcats, San Diego Fleet. That's a whole conference to work with.
4th&long
MVP
Posts: 7032
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Re: Some USFL Trademark Activity

Post by 4th&long »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:44 pm
MarkNelson wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:48 pm
FootballFan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:08 am The LA Express logo was approved for publication on February 3rd. Probably doesn't mean they'll be using it anytime soon, but I can see the Express making a comeback if the UFL enters the LA market.
https://www.trademarkia.com/la-express-97138225
I'd love to see the UFL confident enough to enter the LA market.
I mean, Oakland Invaders, Sacramento Mountain Lions, LA Express or Wildcats, San Diego Fleet. That's a whole conference to work with.
I'd avoid California like the plague.  Won't happen until individual owners come in IMO.
FootballFan
Receiver
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:59 am

Re: Some USFL Trademark Activity

Post by FootballFan »

LA EXPRESS: PUBLISHED FOR OPPOSITION on 12 Mar 2024
https://www.trademarkia.com/la-express-97071290

LA EXPRESS Logo:  PUBLISHED FOR OPPOSITION on 12 Mar 2024
https://www.trademarkia.com/la-express-97138225

EXPRESS: PUBLISHED FOR OPPOSITION on 12 Mar 2024
https://www.trademarkia.com/express-97071289

SHOWBOATS Logo: NOTICE OF ALLOWANCE - ISSUED on 05 Mar 2024
https://www.trademarkia.com/showboats-97138228


 
FootballFan
Receiver
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:59 am

Re: Some USFL Trademark Activity

Post by FootballFan »

4th&long wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:08 am
johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:44 pm
MarkNelson wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:48 pm
I'd love to see the UFL confident enough to enter the LA market.
I mean, Oakland Invaders, Sacramento Mountain Lions, LA Express or Wildcats, San Diego Fleet. That's a whole conference to work with.
I'd avoid California like the plague.  Won't happen until individual owners come in IMO.
The TV deal for the original USFL was contingent on the league having a team in LA. Maybe it's the same this time around.
FootballFan
Receiver
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:59 am

Re: Some USFL Trademark Activity

Post by FootballFan »

This is interesting...

CANTON BULLDOGS: Live/Pending NEW APPLICATION on 29 Mar 2024
https://www.trademarkia.com/canton-bulldogs-98474592

NASHVILLE TUNERS: Live/Pending NEW APPLICATION on 29 Mar 2024
https://www.trademarkia.com/nashville-tuners-98474615

OHIO BULLDOGS Live/Pending NEW APPLICATION on 29 Mar 2024
https://www.trademarkia.com/ohio-bulldogs-98474624

 
FootballFan
Receiver
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:59 am

Re: Some USFL Trademark Activity

Post by FootballFan »

The Canton Bulldogs are owned by NFL Properties LLC. I can't imagine the UFL using that trademark without an agreement with the NFL.
yg1968
Kicker
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:49 pm

Re: Some USFL Trademark Activity

Post by yg1968 »

Hmm. XFL was also keeping the LA Wildcats trademarks active, too. Hard to reconcile both being active unless this is just a merchandising ploy.
Fox will probably give in again, like they did with the Gamblers. 
Post Reply