USFL Season Tix sales Exceeding Expectations

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

USFL Season Tix sales Exceeding Expectations

Post by 4th&long »

>> Brett Zalaski@bzalaski
Good @USFL
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ News in 2 parts:

1. Some have asked & we hinted, but there will be NO partial plans. They will be off ticket hub soon.

We have exceeded our expectations on season tickets & have been CONSTANTLY reinforced by the fans that value proposition is strong. (1/2)<<

>>Brett Zalaski@bzalaski

18m
Replying to @bzalaski
1. (cont.) We WILL sell prorated season tickets through mid-May for all late comers!

2. On Monday all Season Ticket Holders will be introduced to their Customer Service Rep. They are here to ensure you use ALL your ๐ŸŽŸ๏ธs & benefits across the season! Look for that email! (2/2) <<
laxtreme56
Coach

Re: USFL Season Tix sales Exceeding Expectations

Post by laxtreme56 »

Be nice if we heard some actual numbers. What was expected, 10;tickets 100, 1000?
cyramd
Receiver

Post by cyramd »

I've been checking Ticketmaster: It appears to me that both Memphis and Birmingham have only 1 sideline currently open. I can see the number of available seats going down each day, so I'm assuming if they need to that they can open more sections, but time is running out.

The Maulers have both sidelines open but they are in a smaller stadium.

By far the team that is selling the most tickets are the Panthers: Both sidelines are open and filling up. And the Panthers don't have a home game till week 3, so that is even more impressive.

Curiously, it doesn't appear that endzone seating is open for any of the games.
Sykotyk
Quarterback

Post by Sykotyk »

cyramd wrote: โ†‘Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:45 pm I've been checking Ticketmaster: It appears to me that both Memphis and Birmingham have only 1 sideline currently open. I can see the number of available seats going down each day, so I'm assuming if they need to that they can open more sections, but time is running out.

By far the team that is selling the most tickets are the Panthers: Both sidelines are open and filling up. And the Panthers don't have a home game till week 3, so that is even more impressive.

For stadium cost, there's no reason to open up an entire other side unless you reach a point where it starts getting a bit full on the first side. Ushers, security, concessions, custodial staff, etc. Just saves a ton of money.
Invaders
Running Back

Post by Invaders »

cyramd wrote: โ†‘Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:45 pm I've been checking Ticketmaster: It appears to me that both Memphis and Birmingham have only 1 sideline currently open. I can see the number of available seats going down each day, so I'm assuming if they need to that they can open more sections, but time is running out.

Based on this, I checked out Ticketmaster. I found the seats that are still available confusing. It almost looks like there's a pattern to what is left in each section. I'm wondering if they didn't try to space out available seats to make it look like there are more people in each section and that sales are actually a lot lighter than it appears at first glance. Or, maybe they have sold a decent amount?

Does anyone know if entire sections were available from the beginning or if what's missing in each section is actually sold?
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Invaders wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:07 pm

Based on this, I checked out Ticketmaster. I found the seats that are still available confusing. It almost looks like there's a pattern to what is left in each section. I'm wondering if they didn't try to space out available seats to make it look like there are more people in each section and that sales are actually a lot lighter than it appears at first glance. Or, maybe they have sold a decent amount?

Does anyone know if entire sections were available from the beginning or if what's missing in each section is actually sold?
I think they have some tix allocated for single game and some for season tickets. The confusing part for fans is that both teams have their own link for season tickets BUT the season tickets are for BOTH teams in the hub. Its not the best way IMO. So I hope it works out.
Having said that, no matter how you slice it the tickets are dirt cheap - especially the Season tickets. Only one more week of XFL only FB before USFL starts playing.
Invaders
Running Back

Post by Invaders »

4th&long wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:17 pm
I think they have some tix allocated for single game and some for season tickets. The confusing part for fans is that both teams have their own link for season tickets BUT the season tickets are for BOTH teams in the hub. Its not the best way IMO. So I hope it works out.
Having said that, no matter how you slice it the tickets are dirt cheap - especially the Season tickets. Only one more week of XFL only FB before USFL starts playing.
Nice. Thanks.

Yeah, I'd be all over these if they could bring the Invaders back anywhere near Oakland. It'll probably never happen as it's pretty obvious that the XFL and USFL have ignored California for a reason, but I can still wish for an Invaders/Express hub in San Jose or something... haha.
cyramd
Receiver

Post by cyramd »

Actually, I think the league has trademarked the name St Louis Invaders, so maybe, just not in Oakland.
cyramd
Receiver

Post by cyramd »

I'm glad to read the positive tweet, but It kind of makes me wonder what the league's expectations were for ticket sales.

I agree with the comment about a pattern to the seats that are available. It seems to me that all the seats that are available are in the bottom half of open sections and none in the upper half. Did they really sell all of those seats in the upper half or are they just going to be blocked off?
CFLfan_inPhilly
Running Back

Post by CFLfan_inPhilly »

This tweet is shocking. I expected him to say that ticket sales have been abysmal.