CBS: D Johnston expects more USFL signings by NFL

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

CBS: D Johnston expects more USFL signings by NFL

Post by 4th&long »

https://www.cbssports.com/usfl/news/dar ... ing-weeks/

>> The quick influx of USFL talent into the NFL was one of the primary goals for the current league, according to former NFL star and current USFL executive vice president of football operations Daryl Johnston.

"I credit everything to our players and our coaches," Johnston told CBS Sports this week. "It has exceeded my expectations. ... I still think there are a couple of guys who I'm surprised have not been invited to a camp yet, but we'll wait and see what happens here down the stretch." <<
Gopher123
Quarterback

Re: CBS: D Johnston expects more USFL signings by NFL

Post by Gopher123 »

After looking at team rosters, it’s clear they certainly haven’t been picked clean. I’m no expert but I would put the number of players not selected to a camp yet that is sort of a surprise closer to ten than a couple.
MGB01
MVP

Re: CBS: D Johnston expects more USFL signings by NFL

Post by MGB01 »

I think Marquise Blair should come play in the USFL, maybe he'll finally learn how to tackle--or be interested in doing so. Seems to have worked for Shalom Luani (though his main problem was coverage).

That and Brock Huard was like the only guy excited that the Hawks took him a few years ago, maybe it'll rekindle something.