USFL has reached out to cities and will play games in cities according to report

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
Tank55
MVP

Re: USFL has reached out to cities and will play games in cities according to report

Post by Tank55 »

Based on the performance of the one in-market team they have, I think we can say that a healthy USFL team will be able to average more than 10K.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GDAWG
MVP

Re: USFL has reached out to cities and will play games in cities according to report

Post by GDAWG »

Hopefully the USFL will go into new markets, ones that were not in the original league when the get past the current 8 teams. Instead of bringing back the San Antonio Gunslingers and giving that logo a fresh coat of paint (as they have done with these 8 teams), put a team in Austin. Instead of bringing back the Chicago Blitz, put a USFL team in Ohio. In the event the league goes West of Houston for expansion, instead of the Denver Gold, a team in Salt Lake City, except have a much more favorable deal than what the AAF had. And in the eventuality that the leagues goes into California, instead of the LA Express, put a team in San Diego instead. Instead of the Oakland Invaders, put a Bay Area USFL team in San Jose or San Francisco.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:40 pm Hopefully the USFL will go into new markets, ones that were not in the original league when the get past the current 8 teams. Instead of bringing back the San Antonio Gunslingers and giving that logo a fresh coat of paint (as they have done with these 8 teams), put a team in Austin. Instead of bringing back the Chicago Blitz, put a USFL team in Ohio. In the event the league goes West of Houston for expansion, instead of the Denver Gold, a team in Salt Lake City, except have a much more favorable deal than what the AAF had. And in the eventuality that the leagues goes into California, instead of the LA Express, put a team in San Diego instead. Instead of the Oakland Invaders, put a Bay Area USFL team in San Jose or San Francisco.
The Gunslingers, as I pointed out in another thread, do exist in the NAL, maybe they'll outlast the Arena League version of the LV Outlaws.

https://www.sanantoniogunslingers.com/

In fact wasn't there a brief discussion about the two ex-Gunslingers trying to lure the league back to SA?

EDIT: Yeah it was Jim Bob Morris, who became this big packaging entrepreneur
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

MGB01 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:29 pm
GDAWG wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:40 pm Hopefully the USFL will go into new markets, ones that were not in the original league when the get past the current 8 teams. Instead of bringing back the San Antonio Gunslingers and giving that logo a fresh coat of paint (as they have done with these 8 teams), put a team in Austin. Instead of bringing back the Chicago Blitz, put a USFL team in Ohio. In the event the league goes West of Houston for expansion, instead of the Denver Gold, a team in Salt Lake City, except have a much more favorable deal than what the AAF had. And in the eventuality that the leagues goes into California, instead of the LA Express, put a team in San Diego instead. Instead of the Oakland Invaders, put a Bay Area USFL team in San Jose or San Francisco.
The Gunslingers, as I pointed out in another thread, do exist in the NAL, maybe they'll outlast the Arena League version of the LV Outlaws.

https://www.sanantoniogunslingers.com/

In fact wasn't there a brief discussion about the two ex-Gunslingers trying to lure the league back to SA?

EDIT: Yeah it was Jim Bob Morris, who became this big packaging entrepreneur
the USFL doesn't need to revive every single USFL market it once had. It could use some new ones, that were not in the original USFL.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

While its a high cost market... Chicago is one market USFL may try that the XFL is unlikely to go into playing in Feb.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:24 am While its a high cost market... Chicago is one market USFL may try that the XFL is unlikely to go into playing in Feb.
There's also been no proof alternate football has worked in Chicago, so I don't know why it would work the next time.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:14 pm
4th&long wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:24 am While its a high cost market... Chicago is one market USFL may try that the XFL is unlikely to go into playing in Feb.
There's also been no proof alternate football has worked in Chicago, so I don't know why it would work the next time.
They aren't looking for attendance - they are looking for TV viewers. I agree that bad ownership and poor Chicago attendance hurt the original USFL Blitz BUT this is about TV ratings and Chicago is the 3rd largest TV market in USA.
It's just a thought, and its unlikely XFL will play there in winter.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

I think it’s worth trying, mid west will generally support football and Chicago has a perfect stadium for spring football with seat geek which seats just under 30,000
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

herns wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:52 pm
I think it’s worth trying, mid west will generally support football and Chicago has a perfect stadium for spring football with seat geek which seats just under 30,000
If I am the USFL, I would hub in Chicago for a few weeks, just to see if there's interest from the Chicago sports fan base.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

If this report is true, why haven't we heard about anything from the local USFL markets?

We've heard a lot of the confirmation about the XFL from media in their respective cities, like Houston and St. Louis, which have been on top of a lot of breaking news from the league. We haven't really heard anything from any of the USFL's cities other than Birmingham about stadium inquiries.