USFL Ascending

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
4th&long
MVP

USFL Ascending - 1mm SocialFedia followers

Post by 4th&long »

https://twitter.com/USFL/status/1518983839816683521

>> USFL
@USFL
USFL Fans are the best ❤️

Through 2 weeks of the season, the USFL league and team accounts have now accumulated 1 million fans across social media 🚀🚀📈 <<
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Re: USFL Ascending - 1mm SocialFedia followers

Post by SamTheRam28 »

4th&long wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:04 pm https://twitter.com/USFL/status/1518983839816683521

>> USFL
@USFL

Through 2 weeks of the season, the USFL league and team accounts have now accumulated 1 million fans across social media 🚀🚀📈 <<
One thing that has concerned me is the lack of growth for the USFL on social media, specifically Twitter. The USFL, in terms of followers, is far below where the XFL and even the AAF were at this point.

These are the follower counts for the XFL and AAF from the beginning of February to the beginning of March, and the USFL's from the beginning to the end of April. Otherwise known as right before the first game to a couple weeks into the season.

XFL: 194K -> 390K

AAF: 62K -> 239K

USFL: 87K -> 116K

Clearly, the USFL is far behind both of its recent predecessors. I really don't know why either. Both the XFL and AAF made their big gains the day of their first games if I remember correctly. The AAF gained a lot of followers because of the viral hit by Shaan Washington on Mike Bercovici, and the XFL made gains because of general hype and good football.

I just don't get why the USFL didn't gain like they did. The teams not being in their markets wouldn't have had an effect on opening day, as the only game was the Stallions playing in their home stadium. They also had a better debut game than either the AAF or the XFL. They had big moments, such as the first play bomb caught by Randy Satterfield and the one-handed TD catch by Osirus Mitchell.

It's odd to me and not a good sign for the league. They've stagnated and are far behind a league that had far less exposure on TV in the AAF, while also having more hype and larger following before kickoff than the AAF.
St. Louis BattleHawks
4th&long
MVP

Re: USFL Ascending - 1mm SocialFedia followers

Post by 4th&long »

SamTheRam28 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:29 pm
4th&long wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:04 pm https://twitter.com/USFL/status/1518983839816683521

>> USFL
@USFL

One thing that has concerned me is the lack of growth for the USFL on social media, specifically Twitter. The USFL, in terms of followers, is far below where the XFL and even the AAF were at this point.

These are the follower counts for the XFL and AAF from the beginning of February to the beginning of March, and the USFL's from the beginning to the end of April. Otherwise known as right before the first game to a couple weeks into the season.

XFL: 194K -> 390K

AAF: 62K -> 239K

USFL: 87K -> 116K

Clearly, the USFL is far behind both of its recent predecessors. I really don't know why either. Both the XFL and AAF made their big gains the day of their first games if I remember correctly. The AAF gained a lot of followers because of the viral hit by Shaan Washington on Mike Bercovici, and the XFL made gains because of general hype and good football.

I just don't get why the USFL didn't gain like they did. The teams not being in their markets wouldn't have had an effect on opening day, as the only game was the Stallions playing in their home stadium. They also had a better debut game than either the AAF or the XFL. They had big moments, such as the first play bomb caught by Randy Satterfield and the one-handed TD catch by Osirus Mitchell.

It's odd to me and not a good sign for the league. They've stagnated and are far behind a league that had far less exposure on TV in the AAF, while also having more hype and larger following before kickoff than the AAF.
XFL started on 2/8 so the beginning of March is 4 games in not 2
AAF started on 2/9 so the beginning of March is 4 games in not 2

Give USFL a couple more games to see.

Also one thing I don't like is their website is "theusfl.com" not USFL.COM which doesnt make it easy.
And the whole WINTER locked inside thing is real for much of the country in Feb/most of March so people have more time. It's also pre covid? Who knows.
But one thing for sure is its cranking up now with 1mm across all social media.

18 days before kickoff only 500k... they doubled! in a month to 1mm!

https://twitter.com/USFL/status/1508775987701420032
laxtreme56
Coach

Re: USFL Ascending

Post by laxtreme56 »

Social media "likes" and "follows" are always a bit hard to quantify as it's usually the same person liking all the team and leagues pages, so 1 million followers may only be 200k unique people. The XFL social media presence was night and day from the USFL. From the trolling of other teams pages, to the player interactions, and commenting on celebrity and other sports teams pages, the XFL social media team was an A+ across the board. This would also explain why the XFL had the youngest following compared not only to the AAF and USFL, but also the NFL. :shock:
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

laxtreme56 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:59 pm Social media "likes" and "follows" are always a bit hard to quantify as it's usually the same person liking all the team and leagues pages, so 1 million followers may only be 200k unique people. The XFL social media presence was night and day from the USFL. From the trolling of other teams pages, to the player interactions, and commenting on celebrity and other sports teams pages, the XFL social media team was an A+ across the board. This would also explain why the XFL had the youngest following compared not only to the AAF and USFL, but also the NFL. :shock:
Hey LA - thx for the explanation and info on how it works!

the XFL 2.0 spent its 2 years wisely no doubt. But even with what you are saying, they did double and its been only 2 weeks of games. USFL of course is running on 1/4 or 1/3 the cost, and had less runway.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

https://twitter.com/USFL/status/1521988 ... KXmJ8qAAAA

>> “The NFL brought in 10 new officials, and 8 of them are coming out of our USFL officiating program. It speaks volumes and couldn’t make me more proud.”

Head of Officiating @MikePereira
shares his thoughts on the 8 USFL officials joining the NFL <<

Congrats to USFL for helping them out.
4th&long
MVP

Re: USFL Ascending - FS1 monday pump

Post by 4th&long »

4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

And Speak for Yourself... FS1 shows doing their part

https://twitter.com/SFY/status/1523761138122608642
4th&long
MVP

Re: USFL Ascending - Fox CEO

Post by 4th&long »

https://twitter.com/bristei/status/1524 ... TNraYqAAAA

>> Fox CEO Murdoch: USFL is 'off to an encouraging start, with games on Fox and NBC averaging around 1.5M viewers
8:37 AM · May 10, 2022 <<
4th&long
MVP

Re: USFL player signings

Post by 4th&long »

https://twitter.com/KonnorFulk/status/1 ... 6501808131

>> Konnor Fulk@KonnorFulk
Replying to @Vanster2000
Yea, that’s a factor. Agents are starting to actually trust the league will make it through the season. Also, in general, the USFL season falls perfectly to allow scooping up NFL draft eligible guys that weren’t signed and fresh from NFL rookie tryouts.
10:25 PM · May 19, 2022 <<