USFL NFL

The USFL has hit the field. Discuss it here!
herns
Head Coach

USFL NFL

Post by herns »

Interesting quote in a local abc news article from an interview with a Birmingham city councilman “ Williams said that for the first time, the effort has the support of the NFL, Fox Sports and NBC, with all games and operations for the first season to occur in Birmingham.”

The fact he says the NFL is supporting is strange imo and I wonder what that means
4th&long
MVP

Re: USFL NFL

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:09 pm Interesting quote in a local abc news article from an interview with a Birmingham city councilman “ Williams said that for the first time, the effort has the support of the NFL, Fox Sports and NBC, with all games and operations for the first season to occur in Birmingham.”

The fact he says the NFL is supporting is strange imo and I wonder what that means
It's most likely a miss statement. Likely meant USFL.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:50 pm
herns wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:09 pm Interesting quote in a local abc news article from an interview with a Birmingham city councilman “ Williams said that for the first time, the effort has the support of the NFL, Fox Sports and NBC, with all games and operations for the first season to occur in Birmingham.”

But that wouldn’t really make sense in the context of the quote. The effort has the support of the USFL fox and NBC wouldn’t really make sense imo
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Likely a miss statement, but it would be completely stupid for the USFL to block the NFL from signing players when their season ends.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:43 pm

Likely a miss statement, but it would be completely stupid for the USFL to block the NFL from signing players when their season ends.
Of course it would hence it won't happen. Repeat - USFL won't be blocking ANY player going to NFL or likely CFL either after the season ends.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:52 pm
GDAWG wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:43 pm

Of course it would hence it won't happen. Repeat - USFL won't be blocking ANY player going to NFL or likely CFL either after the season ends.
Ya unless Bezos decides to start a league no alt league has the backing to truly stop players from leaving for the NFL. I do think they could stop guys from going to the cfl with just competitive contracts since CFO doesn’t pay “rookie” imports a ton as it is