Is the TSL done

Discussion on TSL: The Spring League
herns
Head Coach

Is the TSL done

Post by herns »

Do you think that with the USFL coming up that it’s the end of the TSL? I personally think the TSL starts around at least in its original camp and scrimmage form but possibly as a scaled down version of what it was and maybe shown on peacock
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Is the TSL done

Post by GregParks »

I think it depends on if Woods is truly out of the USFL. If he is, and still wants to be involved in football, he could continue with the TSL.

Even if he's still with the USFL, they could use the TSL as almost a developmental for the USFL. Woods has already shown he can run the league in a relatively inexpensive way. But if the USFL closely mirrors the TSL (hub city, player pay, size, etc.) and doesn't become as big as Fox's investment would seemingly suggest, the TSL may be redundant.
@gregmparks
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GregParks wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:39 am I think it depends on if Woods is truly out of the USFL. If he is, and still wants to be involved in football, he could continue with the TSL.

Even if he's still with the USFL, they could use the TSL as almost a developmental for the USFL. Woods has already shown he can run the league in a relatively inexpensive way. But if the USFL closely mirrors the TSL (hub city, player pay, size, etc.) and doesn't become as big as Fox's investment would seemingly suggest, the TSL may be redundant.
That’sa good point, I was just moving on the idea that the USFL would be a full pro league like the funding/rumors suggest. If it’s just TSL rebranded then you’re right there’d be no point but of it’s not a feeder league could really help the alt league player development so it’s more polished
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

They (Fox or BWoods) may not have the bandwith to focus on 2 efforts.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:22 pm They (Fox or BWoods) may not have the bandwith to focus on 2 efforts.
If it’s back in camp form it takes little to no money to run though, could do a check broadcast on peacock of the scrimmage/games kinda like they had going with bleacher report when manziel was in it