CFLfan_inPhilly
Running Back

This is what a fantasy XFL league SHOULD look like

Post by CFLfan_inPhilly »

This is what a weekly head-to-head
fantasy XFL league SHOULD look like:

6 teams

Starting lineup of:

QB tandem (2 QBs from the same XFL team)

RB tandem (2 RBs from the same XFL team)

WR

WR

TE or PK flex

IDP (Individual Def Player)

IDP

IDP

1 Emergency Bench Spot
(This player must be from the same XFL team & position as a player already on your roster.
This player automatically drops if you drop the related starter)

No waiver period.

All point values below are valid for ALL positions:

Passing yds ......... 1 pt per 50 yds
TDs thrown ......... 3 pts each

TDs scored .......... 6 pts each

Rushing yds ......... 1 pt per 10 yds
Receiving yds ....... 1 pt per 10 yds

Kicking ............... 1 pt for each point

Tackle or Assist ..... 1 pt each
Sack .................. 4 pts each
INT caught .......... 4 pts each
Fumble Recovery ... 4 pts each

NFL-XFLfantasychamp
Rookie

Re: This is what a fantasy XFL league SHOULD look like

Post by NFL-XFLfantasychamp »

@ CFLfan_inPhilly :
I agree with your QB/RB tandem slots, as I have very similar thoughts of what a fantasy team should look like in the XFL. When QBs are drafted, I coined the term "QB inheritance rule" that immediately goes into effect. I really like your IDP and 1 Emergency Bench Spot slot too...Very creative! I haven't come up with any point values that differ from the NFL/12 man/PPR league I've been playing in for the past several years as of yet, but here's what I thought would be fun:
I think an 8 team league (12 man roster limit) makes the most sense: 7 starters and 5 bench slots, including 2 IR. It would look like this: QB 1 (2), RB 1 (5), WR 1 (5), TE 1 (3), FLEX 3, D/ST 0 (1), K 0. The 3 positions that make this format the most fun is that #1-Each fantasy mgr must own a defense but you don't have to start them (D/ST counts as 1 of the 3 FLEX slots)... #2-No kickers since they are devalued due to the XFL PAT rule... #3) MY FAV! The "QB Inheritance rule"...When you draft your team's starting QB you automatically get that same team's 2nd string QB (for injury purposes, etc) ...It's all explained in the listen to me: FANTASY pod about what the "ideal" XFL fantasy football format should look like ...What are your thoughts? https://open.spotify.com/episode/2icagpIdGpZZPUTfaNYhDQ