XFL makes official statement on AAF closure

Forum for XFL fans to discuss the Alliance of American Football.
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

XFL makes official statement on AAF closure

Post by SamTheRam28 »

https://xfl2k.com/news/xfls-statement-o ... re-assets/
We have said all along the success or failure of other leagues will have no impact on our ability to deliver high-quality, fast-paced, professional football. The XFL is well-funded, we have time before kick-off to execute our business plan, and we will soon announce a national broadcast and cable TV schedule that makes it easy for fans to find our games consistently every weekend when we launch next February. There is no doubt that avid football fans want more and we’re excited to get going in 2020.
St. Louis BattleHawks
Joker
Quarterback

Re: XFL makes official statement on AAF closure

Post by Joker »

...we will soon announce a national broadcast and cable TV schedule
They keep rolling out this old chestnut. How long have we been hearing this?
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

SamTheRam28 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:06 pm https://xfl2k.com/news/xfls-statement-o ... re-assets/
We have said all along the success or failure of other leagues will have no impact on our ability to deliver high-quality, fast-paced, professional football. The XFL is well-funded, we have time before kick-off to execute our business plan, and we will soon announce a national broadcast and cable TV schedule that makes it easy for fans to find our games consistently every weekend when we launch next February. There is no doubt that avid football fans want more and we’re excited to get going in 2020.
I am interested to see what kind of TV deals they got. If it better than what the AAF had, which wasn't great but not terrible either. This can help grow the fan base. We know it's likely not the NFL network getting games. The statement make sense and yeah all they gained was more players and ext to possibility work with.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Joker wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:14 pm
...we will soon announce a national broadcast and cable TV schedule
They keep rolling out this old chestnut. How long have we been hearing this?
At this point I'm not waiting for it to be announced. When it's announced, then I'll be interested. I do think the Luck is tellng the truth about the details of the deal though.
Ready for the team reveals...again
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

youngorst wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:18 pm
steinerfhc wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:18 pm I am interested to see what kind of TV deals they got. If it better than what the AAF had, which wasn't great but not terrible either. This can help grow the fan base. We know it's likely not the NFL network getting games. The statement make sense and yeah all they gained was more players and ext to possibility work with.
The AAF got zero dollars for their TV rights, that is a terrible deal.
I wish that I could upvote this post. :D

Even though the XFL is late on all of these teases. They were late on their team location announcement and all their coaches haven't been announced in March(perhaps that was by design)..... I do think that they got something cooking with Fox at the bare minimum. How much of their league ends up on network TV remains to be seen but i am pretty sure that the XFL's deal will be more favorable to the league than the AAF's was.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

I had long thought Birmingham should have been in the NFL by now.......they should've been chosen over Jacksonville....... I suppose maybe they were impressed enough by the fan support for the USFL Bulls that they were favorited and eventually rewarded. But what about the fact that the city of Birmingham once layed out a million dollars of city funds to keep the Stallions afloat amidst a savings and loan collapse that caused their owner to withdraw? By my count......this is the sixth "pro" football failure for Birmingham. But don't cry too hard because Alabama by hook or crook......has the premiere collegiate program in the land. So let's count: Americans, Stallions, Fire, Barracudas, Thunderbolts, and now Iron. And that doesn't even have them in first place! Is there a such thing as "franchise-lash"?