AAF suspending operations.

Forum for XFL fans to discuss the Alliance of American Football.
Andibald
Head Coach

Re: AAF suspending operations.

Post by Andibald »

I wonder if Jared Allen has any retirement money left. I seem to remember him being a bit nervous about it during the opening presser for the AAF.
Last edited by Andibald on Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

XtremeFanForever wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:27 pm "Actually, this is a good thing for the league."

r/AAF_football, probably.

Seriously, this is pretty shocking. I remember after 1 week hearing mainstream media outlets buying into the viability of spring football. On one hand, this is worrying as an XFL fan. On the other hand I'm cautiously optimistic knowing that one of the biggest factors that killed the AAF won't apply to the XFL: being too heavily dependent on investors with no real attachment to the league, they just want an quick return on investment.
Seems to me like many people on r/AAF_Football are moving on and putting their hope in the XFL. Hopefully the league can give the fans what they finally long for: a sustainable spring league with legit culture.
Ready for the team reveals...again
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I wonder if the delay in coaching announcements in the XFL has anything to do with the AAF? Could we see some of these coaches in the XFL?
ev1357
Kicker

Post by ev1357 »

I just hate it for all of the AAF players/staff. I had a ton of fun going to the Iron games. I guess I'm all in on the XFL now (more so than I already was). Let's go St. Louis!
ev1357
Kicker

Post by ev1357 »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:34 pm I wonder if the delay in coaching announcements in the XFL has anything to do with the AAF? Could we see some of these coaches in the XFL?
Aside from Spurrier, I thought Rick Neuheisel did a really good job. Arizona was probably the most balanced team in the league.
Last edited by ev1357 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

ev1357 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:37 pm
GDAWG wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:34 pm I wonder if the delay in coaching announcements in the XFL has anything to do with the AAF? Could we see some of these coaches in the XFL?
Aside from Spurrier, I though Rick Neuheisel did a really good job. Arizona was probably the most balanced team in the league.
It was more of a reference to Mike Martz. He is the right option for St. Louis now that he's free.
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

AAF announcement set for 5pm today.

Next breaking news update? XFL to announce remaining coaches today at 5:05pm :) April fools a day late...or is it?
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

No matter how much I loved the Greatest Show on Turf, if I were a St. Louis XFL fan, I'd rather have Nueheisel or Spurrier after watching this AAF season.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

Tank55 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:01 pm No matter how much I loved the Greatest Show on Turf, if I were a St. Louis XFL fan, I'd rather have Nueheisel or Spurrier after watching this AAF season.
As a St. Louis XFL fan, I'd rather have Martz. Obviously the connections to STL, but he also had a pretty damn good team despite the awful QBs and all the injuries.
St. Louis BattleHawks
ev1357
Kicker

Post by ev1357 »

SamTheRam28 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:12 pm
Tank55 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:01 pm No matter how much I loved the Greatest Show on Turf, if I were a St. Louis XFL fan, I'd rather have Nueheisel or Spurrier after watching this AAF season.
As a St. Louis XFL fan, I'd rather have Martz. Obviously the connections to STL, but he also had a pretty damn good team despite the awful QBs and all the injuries.
Their offense looked good with Philip Nelson. Bercovici was super inconsistent.