The AAF Is Currently Not Making Money Off Their TV Deal

Forum for XFL fans to discuss the Alliance of American Football.
MikeSherman
Receiver

Re: The AAF Is Currently Not Making Money Off Their TV Deal

Post by MikeSherman »

MikeMitchell wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:56 pmBenjamin Allbright says that the money comparison between the XFL and AAF is 9 to 1.
Thank you for sharing. That is very interesting.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

MikeSherman wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:35 pm
MikeMitchell wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:56 pmBenjamin Allbright says that the money comparison between the XFL and AAF is 9 to 1.
Your welcome.

We are going to see what the league looks like by seasons end. Drawing 7,000 (reported 11k) for a home opener in a 60,000 seat stadium in Memphis does not lend itself to a money making league. They are probably not spending a lot of money on in city advertising.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

MikeMitchell wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:04 pm
MikeSherman wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:35 pm
Your welcome.

We are going to see what the league looks like by seasons end. Drawing 7,000 (reported 11k) for a home opener in a 60,000 seat stadium in Memphis does not lend itself to a money making league. They are probably not spending a lot of money on in city advertising.
I've heard a lot of criticism that the AAF is doing an awful job marketing their league. I hope the XFL learns from this and does a much better job so they never get under 15k at a game.
Ready for the team reveals...again
MikeSherman
Receiver

Post by MikeSherman »

Of all the reasons for concern with the XFL, I don't think the hype machine is one of them. Don't worry about them getting the word out.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

MikeSherman wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:52 am Of all the reasons for concern with the XFL, I don't think the hype machine is one of them. Don't worry about them getting the word out.
True, true. That's not a reason of concern when you have Vince McMahon around...
Ready for the team reveals...again