AAF Update Thread

Forum for XFL fans to discuss the Alliance of American Football.
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Re: AAF Update Thread

Post by SamTheRam28 »

XFL_FAN wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:14 pm
SamTheRam28 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:09 pm I'm about halfway through reading this lawsuit against Ebersol and...

This sounds super legit. Vanech has a ton of texts and emails between him and Ebersol that clearly show Ebersol referring to them as partners in this. Vanech has a real case here and AAF could be in trouble.
Are you talking about this 92 page pleading?
Edit: Looked through this, and you're right. Vanech has some legs to stand on...
Yeah, that's it. Crazy stuff.
St. Louis BattleHawks
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

And my interest in the AAF continues to slide:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... ossible/
“That’s the dream, that’s the goal, as closely as we can be integrated,” Dundon said. “Right now our contracts allow players to leave if they go to the NFL, so we understand what the role is and what the goal of all these players are. It will be interesting if it evolves to where they take more chances on players.”

Dundon suggested that the AAF could be a place for the NFL to send athletes who are still learning the sport — such as college basketball players trying to become NFL tight ends — and that it could benefit both leagues.
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Andibald wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:36 pm And my interest in the AAF continues to slide:

“That’s the dream, that’s the goal, as closely as we can be integrated,” Dundon said. “Right now our contracts allow players to leave if they go to the NFL, so we understand what the role is and what the goal of all these players are. It will be interesting if it evolves to where they take more chances on players.”

Dundon suggested that the AAF could be a place for the NFL to send athletes who are still learning the sport — such as college basketball players trying to become NFL tight ends — and that it could benefit both leagues.
To each their own. The second that I see players splitting reps to get playing time or film reps, is when I start to lose all interest. It’s at that moment that it stops being about wins and losses, and about competitive pro football. True minor leagues are good for the players but as a fan, it doesn’t interest me.
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

MikeMitchell wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:49 pm
Andibald wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:36 pm And my interest in the AAF continues to slide:

To each their own. The second that I see players splitting reps to get playing time or film reps, is when I start to lose all interest. It’s at that moment that it stops being about wins and losses, and about competitive pro football. True minor leagues are good for the players but as a fan, it doesn’t interest me.
Well said. I had a feeling early on that this was the direction the AAF was taking.
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

Agreed. Also, a true minor league plays at the same time as the major league. No NFL team is going to send their players, at least any decent ones, to play in this league immediately after the NFL season ends.

I guarantee this whole "we're a minor league" thing kills the AAF. The XFL is providing the same opportunity for players, on a bigger platform, with more eyes and more money. Saying they're a minor league only draws viewers away. Would you rather watch the XFL, who is going to be going after NFL quality players like RG3 and Landry Jones with big-time money and talking about being a competitive alternative, or a self-proclaimed minor league promoting rejects and all-time busts like Hackenburg and Trent Richardson?

The choice is easy for me.
St. Louis BattleHawks
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

SamTheRam28 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:18 pm

Agreed. Also, a true minor league plays at the same time as the major league. No NFL team is going to send their players, at least any decent ones, to play in this league immediately after the NFL season ends.

I guarantee this whole "we're a minor league" thing kills the AAF. The XFL is providing the same opportunity for players, on a bigger platform, with more eyes and more money. Saying they're a minor league only draws viewers away. Would you rather watch the XFL, who is going to be going after NFL quality players like RG3 and Landry Jones with big-time money and talking about being a competitive alternative, or a self-proclaimed minor league promoting rejects and all-time busts like Hackenburg and Trent Richardson?

Me too. Oliver Luck admitted that NFL teams used to allocate players to NFL Europe, that they were going to cut anyway. They didn’t care if the players got hurt because they were going to cut them anyway. By rule, they had to send players over to NFL Europe. So they figured out a way to scam the system risk free.

One of the posters here, youngorst is right. The only way to do a true minor league is for it to run during the NFL season. That fits a true minor league model. I just won’t be watching very much of it. I prefer the pro league model where the wins and losses count and it’s not just glorified preseason games. I’d watch CFL games or small college football games before I watch a true NFL minor league.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

MikeMitchell wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:36 pm
SamTheRam28 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:18 pm

Me too. Oliver Luck admitted that NFL teams used to allocate players to NFL Europe, that they were going to cut anyway. They didn’t care if the players got hurt because they were going to cut them anyway. By rule, they had to send players over to NFL Europe. So they figured out a way to scam the system risk free.

One of the posters here, youngorst is right. The only way to do a true minor league is for it to run during the NFL season. That fits a true minor league model. I just won’t be watching very much of it. I prefer the pro league model where the wins and losses count and it’s not just glorified preseason games. I’d watch CFL games or small college football games before I watch a true NFL minor league.
The Commanders and Hotshots are two teams that like splitting reps, and the Hotshots coach said that wins and losses don't really matter. That's why like the XFL more because games will matter.
Ready for the team reveals...again
MikeSherman
Receiver

Post by MikeSherman »

Memphis and San Diego both wearing dark jerseys would be less frustrating if we didn't know that Memphis has white jerseys they could wear. I know they're the home team, but come on.
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

Watching this SD vs Memphis game and holy shit can these announcers stop talking about the NFL? Every time there is a big play, "that's how you get back to the NFL right there!" Or every time they show this sky judge "now this is something the NFL needs." Like Jesus how hard is it to just talk about the game in front of you?
St. Louis BattleHawks
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Announced attendance for the Memphis-SD game: 13,621.

An improvement of almost 2,000, if they're telling the truth.
Ready for the team reveals...again