AAF puts significant limits on blitzes

Forum for XFL fans to discuss the Alliance of American Football.
Andibald
Head Coach

AAF puts significant limits on blitzes

Post by Andibald »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-blitzes/

I was initially excited for AAF along with the XFL but stuff like this is turning me off.

Is it 2020 yet?
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: AAF puts significant limits on blitzes

Post by MikeMitchell »

Just horrendous. This is not real football.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Andibald wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:00 pm https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-blitzes/

I was initially excited for AAF along with the XFL but stuff like this is turning me off.

Is it 2020 yet?
The AAF is just listening to the NFL about what to test. The XFL is actually doing numerous testing themselves before they even take a single snap on the field before the eyes of millions. About your bolded comment I agree too. I was excited for the AAF until they decided to have Madden logos, very limited broadcast deals, a hastily made app, no kickoffs and weird rules like the one you mentioned and others. The AAF is rushing and it shows bad. I'll still watch (Go Iron!) but if it comes to an XFL game or an AAF game you better believe I'll watch the XFL.
Ready for the team reveals...again
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

MikeMitchell wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:21 pm Just horrendous. This is not real football.

Just read the rule and it's worse than I thought. I thought the AAF was about simplifying and speeding up the game. This makes it more complicated and more judgment-call based than the sport was intended to be. This really looks like a Pro-Bowl idea that the NFL gave to the AAF to test. Let's hope this idea fails bad and the NFL doesn't adopt this trash rule.

Also skimming through the comments we're on the consensus side of the argument. The XFL had to be :lol: when they saw this rule.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

XFL_FAN wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:34 pm
MikeMitchell wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:21 pm Just horrendous. This is not real football.

Just read the rule and it's worse than I thought. I thought the AAF was about simplifying and speeding up the game. This makes it more complicated and more judgment-call based than the sport was intended to be. This really looks like a Pro-Bowl idea that the NFL gave to the AAF to test. Let's hope this idea fails bad and the NFL doesn't adopt this trash rule.

Also skimming through the comments we're on the consensus side of the argument. The XFL had to be :lol: when they saw this rule.
I don’t think that this is an NFL thing. I think that the AAF is trying to find a way to manufacture high scoring games in week one. It’s desperation time. Their Atlanta team doesn’t even have an OC. They are trying to mask their awful offensive lines. Week 1 is the sample week. They are trying to get some early season shootouts with padded qb play. That’s not real football. How am I supposed to be impressed by a qb if he is not dealing with an opposing pass rush or complicated defensive schemes.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

MikeMitchell wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:45 pm
XFL_FAN wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:34 pm

I don’t think that this is an NFL thing. I think that the AAF is trying to find a way to manufacture high scoring games in week one. It’s desperation time. Their Atlanta team doesn’t even have an OC. They are trying to mask their awful offensive lines. Week 1 is the sample week. They are trying to get some early season shootouts with padded qb play. That’s not real football. How am I supposed to be impressed by a qb if he is not dealing with an opposing pass rush or complicated defensive schemes.
Why does the AAF have DE's if they can't rush the passer basically :| ? Might as well have no lineman or RB's and just a QB and 3 WR's against 1 LB 2 CB's and 1 Safety. 4 on 4 football with just passing. And why not make the field just 40 yards? People will score more! How about no field goals? Just 4th down attempts every time, since it will lead to more scoring. Because like you said It's Not American Football. People still appreciate defense! I know the feeling of when your offense can score at will and your defense can't get a stop for the life of them. Not a fun feeling at all.

The AAF is playing desperate mode right now. I've heard reports that some teams haven't even sold 10,000 tickets for their opener! People said the original XFL was a failure when the worst team averaged 15k and the league averaged 23k as a whole. What will people say if some teams can't even hit 10k? I can't wait to watch their games because "football is football", but the more they do weird stuff like this the more I'm saying "this isn't football." As one commenter on the article said;"AAF stands for Ain't Authentic Football."