AAF Rosters-QB's

Forum for XFL fans to discuss the Alliance of American Football.
XFL_FAN
Coach

AAF Rosters-QB's

Post by XFL_FAN »

Here are some notable qb's that will be in the AAF:

Orlando-Stephen Morris-
The most notable qb in the AAF, the only to be in the NFL for an extended period of time.

Birmingham-Blake Sims-
Former 'Bama starting QB

San Antonio-Trevor Knight-
Former Texas A&M QB

Players will be getting 3 year, 250 k contracts... Interesting. Can the XFL do better? I think so.
Ready for the team reveals...again
Ron
Kicker

Re: AAF Rosters-QB's

Post by Ron »

That is a little over $80,000 per year. I think the XFL's minimum is $75,000/year with the door open to negotiate much higher for players with more notoriety. I think this is fine. The available talent will be comparable even if the AAF is beating Vince's minimum about by 5 grand or so. He will allocate more money towards the players that are worth paying a higher price.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Re: AAF Rosters-QB's

Post by XFL_FAN »

XFL_FAN wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:35 pm Here are some notable qb's that will be in the AAF:

Orlando-Stephen Morris-
The most notable qb in the AAF, the only to be in the NFL for an extended period of time.

Birmingham-Blake Sims-
Former 'Bama starting QB

San Antonio-Trevor Knight-
Former Texas A&M QB

Players will be getting 3 year, 250 k contracts... Interesting. Can the XFL do better? I think so.

Kind of funny how all three of these guys didn't start last week. Morris got cut in favor of Garrett Gilbert, Blake Sims was benched for DII product Luis Perez and Trevor Knight was moved to Arizona and then benched for John Wolford. Ironically the 3 best QB's last week were the 3 that started in front of these 3 guys. Christian Hackenberg was supposed to be pretty good being a former 2nd round pick, instead he was awful. All of this to say that sometimes the notable names don't perform as well as the no-names. There are plenty more people like Luis Perez, Garrett Gilbert and John Wolford out there. The XFL just needs to find them and let the world know who they are.
Ready for the team reveals...again