Who's starting at QB? Ta'amu vs King vs Dungey

Audi Field, Washington, D.C.
Tank55
MVP

Who's starting at QB? Ta'amu vs King vs Dungey

Post by Tank55 »

Wanted to start a thread about the QB battle. Very different situation than 2020, where Cardale was undisputably the guy from Day 1.

My money is on Ta'amu. The most experienced, the most athletic, and also actually the youngest.

Thought this tweet was interesting -- five D'Eriq King practice reps, two of which are runs. Probably says a lot about what we can expect this season.

2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Who's starting at QB? Ta'amu vs King vs Dungey

Post by GregParks »

My guess is Ta'amu starts, but they might have a package of plays for King per game to take advantage of his athleticism.
@gregmparks
DefendersFootball
Kicker

Post by DefendersFootball »

New fan here. I don’t see a single reason why King doesn’t start for the rest of the season. Ta’Amu almost threw the game away at the end, but luckily our defense stood strong. Hopefully our OC realizes King’s potential.
Last edited by DefendersFootball on Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

King was a breath of fresh air, and that Ta'amu interception was brutal. Being a change of pace guy and being QB1 are different animals -- I'm not sure I'm quite sold on that just yet. But definitely a good outing for King.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
DefendersFootball
Kicker

Post by DefendersFootball »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:39 am King was a breath of fresh air, and that Ta'amu interception was brutal. Being a change of pace guy and being QB1 are different animals -- I'm not sure I'm quite sold on that just yet. But definitely a good outing for King.
King should be QB1 for the near future. He brings the mobility that Ta’Amu just can’t. Makes the offense that more dynamic and dangerous.