Where My Defenders At?

Audi Field, Washington, D.C.
shirt_cummer
Kicker

Where My Defenders At?

Post by shirt_cummer »

What brought you to the team? I was born and raised in Maryland but have never been a Ravens fan so naturally I was drawn to them.

Where's everyone from? What's your NFL allegiance?
Tank55
MVP

Re: Where My Defenders At?

Post by Tank55 »

Live in Austin, TX; grew up in Alexandria. Still a Redskins fan, to the extent that's still possible.

I have to ask, WTF is the deal with your username?
Last edited by Tank55 on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
shirt_cummer
Kicker

Post by shirt_cummer »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:00 pm Live in Austin, TX; grew up in Alexandria. Still a Redskins fan, to the extent one that's possible.

I have to ask, WTF is the deal with your username?
Lol, I hear ya. Skins fans were always the eternal optimist, that is until Snyder rolled around. I'm a Vikings fan, just imagine my pain.

My username is a nickname from a MDSTMB that I frequent. Its actually what you imagine it means.

:D
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Gross.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
shirt_cummer
Kicker

Post by shirt_cummer »

I promise it's just a dirty nickname and not something I'm known for, fwiw.
EnLiteEndOne
Kicker

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

shirt_cummer wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:22 pm I promise it's just a dirty nickname and not something I'm known for, fwiw.
Sounds fishy man.
smithmal
Rookie

Post by smithmal »

Raised Skins fan since early 80's. Still pay attention to them from a far but haven't acutally sat down and seen a game from whistle to whistle in years. Last actual game that I went to was Darrel Green's last game @ FedEx (and it was a s-hole even then). Still love the game though and I'm looking for some a team to really root for (can't get on board with the Ravens eventhough I've went to quite a few games).

I've been impressed with the logic of the rule changes that the XFL has come up with to make the game faster and more exciting for stadium and TV fans. I've been really impressed with the product that the XFL has put on the TV. Really, there's very little difference in the TV presentation between the NFL and XFL. Play should continue to get better as the coaches and players become more familar with the XFL style of the game and their own playbook. There are TONS OF GREAT ATHLETES coming out of college that don't get invited to the combine and/or added as undrafted players to NFL teams (not to mention other NFL players that need a second chance for whatever reason) so I would think the talent level should stay pretty good for years to come.

I'm hoping that the ticket prices stay the same, but unfortunately its all about supply and demand so enjoy those $15-$20 tickets while they last. I've got a feeling that the NFL has lost a lot of their swagger due to its conservative nature (craptacular officiating rules) and free agency mobility and fantasy league interest. It's hard now to keep a good team together for long like back in the days where you could watch a rookie that you followed in college blossum into a ten-fifteen year vet that made you have a very strong connection to the players and the team.

I'm very excited about this new league and early results in terms of fan participation are promising. Their Nielson ratings are 4.0 and 3.8 for their first two games which matches or beats other professional teams in MLB, NHL and NBA in our area.
Deacon
Kicker

Post by Deacon »

Defender fan in Charlotte area. Gimme a shout if any other defenders here in Charlotte.