Murray stinks

Raymond James Stadium, Tampa Bay, Florida
JeanDavidNau
Linebacker

Murray stinks

Post by JeanDavidNau »

...and where is Flowers that we've heard so much about? The defense has actually done decent. Trestman has a problem with mental discipline on his team. Is his mild mannered personality gonna get the job done?
CanadianRenegade
Kicker

Re: Murray stinks

Post by CanadianRenegade »

JeanDavidNau wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:53 pm ...and where is Flowers that we've heard so much about? The defense has actually done decent. Trestman has a problem with mental discipline on his team. Is his mild mannered personality gonna get the job done?
Do I think Murray is overhyped? Yes. To be fair however New York did build a solid defense form what I seen.
JeanDavidNau
Linebacker

Post by JeanDavidNau »

Props for NY BUT.... Forcing a ball 1st and goal from the 5?? What about 2nd,3rd, and 4th downs? Live to play another down. Taking sacks? Not willing to run? I never saw him in college so I have almost no preconceived picture of what this guy is supposed to be....maybe I'm taking my disgust for the Vipers performance out on Murray, but I fear he is too slow and too soft for this league.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

How could you never see Aaron Murray play in college? He was like a six-year starter.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Murray struggled for sure, made to look worse by the fact that many other QBs in the league played so well last weekend. The offense did seem to find a spark when Flowers went in, so it'll be interesting to see if he plays a bigger part in the game plan moving forward. Will they be able to clean up the miscues/penalties and take a big step forward this weekend?
@gregmparks
CanadianRenegade
Kicker

Post by CanadianRenegade »

The one thing that Murray kept doing without reason was leaving the pocket. He would of been safe there many times as he was being protected for the most part. Once he left the pocket he was exposed and the Guardians took full advantage of it.
JeanDavidNau
Linebacker

Post by JeanDavidNau »

Tank55 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:57 pm How could you never see Aaron Murray play in college? He was like a six-year starter.
I don't watch college. Not knocking it. I just do other stuff on Saturdays I guess. Plus, if I did it wouldn't be Georgia.
TrueViper
Receiver

Post by TrueViper »

I mean we had a top offense yardage wise this week, and a WR that was #1 in yards. He did alright, just need to capitalize with TDs!