XFL Week 2 – Players of the Week – “Fan’s Choice” by XFLBoard.com
Cameron Artis-Payne, Jameer Thurman, Steven Johnson and Tyler Rausa
Welcome to our Week 2 XFL “Players of the Week” results. Voting began immediately at the completion of the final game on Sunday. We gathered over 1,800 votes between this time and the closing of polls at Midnight Eastern on Monday 17 February 2020. We thank all who voted!
Winners below are based on the number of votes received for each player.
Offensive Player of the Week: Cameron Artis-Payne, Dallas Renegades
Running back Cameron Artis-Payne owned the Los Angeles Wildcats defense. In 14 carries he totaled 99 yards on the ground, 32 yards receiving, and scored two touchdowns, leading the Renegades to their first victory.
- His touchdowns ended the game for the Wildcats. (Anonymous)
- Without his runs, I don’t think Dallas wins. His runs also helped open things up for Landry Jones. (Metallifreak10)
- Artis-Payne had 99 yards rushing and 32 yards receiving to go along with two touchdowns as he led the Renegades to their first win. (ethanyeary)
- PJ Walker, Houston Roughnecks
- Cardell Jones, DC Defenders
- Jordon Ta’amu, St. Louis BattleHawks
Defensive Player of the Week: Jameer Thurman, DC Defenders
Jamer Thurman shutdown the New York offense when he intercepted Matt McGloin’s pass and returned it 46 yards for a touchdown.
- Pick 6 shut down the New York drive, and shut down the Guardian’s offense for the rest of the game. (James Ready)
- Picked the ball and he saw the end zone. The rest is history. (XFL Fan)
- Was a critical element of a stingy DC defense. Made the Guardians pay. (Anonymous)
- Will Smith, LA Wildcats
- Anthony Johnson, DC Defenders
Lineman of the Week: Steven Johnson, Seattle Dragons
Steven Johnson with 10 combined tackles anchored a stingy Seattle Dragons defensive line.
- Kept the Tampa Bay running game from scoring. (Anonymous)
- Linebacker Steven Johnson led the Dragons in tackles for the second game in a row. (Dragon’s Fan)
- Johnson led the way with 10 tackles and two TFL. (XFL Forever)
- Beniquez Brown, Houston Roughnecks
- Marcelis Branch, Tampa Bay Vipers
Special Teams Player of the Week: Tyler Rausa, DC Defenders
With field goals from the 27, 26 and 26 Tyler Rausa anchored the DC Defenders scoring machine in week 2.
- He went 3-3 in field goals. (S. Smith)
- 3/3 dude should be in the NFL. (HalToTheU)
- Never missed. He hit it every time he went to the line. (Anonymous)
- Sergio Castillo, Houston Roughnecks
- Austin Rehkow, Houston Roughnecks