The XFL drops eight snazzy balls just in time for Christmas shopping season
As Black Friday is only four days away, the XFL released their official game ball, and it comes in eight different varieties.
As Black Friday is only four days away, the XFL released their official game ball, and it comes in eight different varieties, each with the colors of their eight franchises.
There are eight different looks to match each team’s primary color scheme. The points of each ball are wrapped with ‘X’ marks in white and the team’s primary color. This design allows receivers to track the ball easily.
The balls feature an “X-Pebble” grip technology designed to help players control the ball with a feel that enables a tight spin on throws, and also allows ball carriers to enhance their ball security.
The XFL spent the past year developing the game ball with football manufacturer Team Issue in Dallas. The first version was tested with players on the field during the XFL’s rules testing this past spring. Based on feedback from quarterbacks and receivers, adjustments were made and updated versions of the ball were tested over a 10-week period at each XFL Summer Showcase. Then, after additional feedback from players was received and hours of tape were watched and analyzed, final adjustments were made and the final ball production began in September.
The XFL game balls will start to see action on the field next month when XFL mini-camps open up across the league.
XFL Official Ball Details
- Design and Production Partner: Team Issue (Dallas, Texas)
- Size: Standard professional football size
- Texture: Patent-pending “X-Pebble” exterior grip technology
- Game Usage: In every XFL game, the team on offense will use the ball featuring their team’s custom look and color scheme.
- Dimensions: Prolate spheroidLong circumference: 28 inches (+/- 1/8″)
- Short circumference: 21 inches (+/- 1/8″)
- Weight: 14 to 15 ounces
- Colors: Traditional red leather – the ball will be brown on game day after pre-game leather conditioning
- Retail Price: $125 plus shipping and handling
- Unique Features:
- “X-Tips”: painted Xs wrap both points of each football in white and the team’s primary color
- X-Pebble technology grip: exterior grip technology (patent-pending) to enhance ball feel and ball security
— Dallas Renegades (@XFLRenegades) November 25, 2019