Welcome to our Week 4 XFL “Players of the Week” results. Voting began immediately at the completion of the final game on Sunday. We gathered over 2,900 votes before the closing of polls at Noon Eastern on Tuesday 3 March 2020. We thank all who voted!
Fans were asked to nominate any player they deemed worthy of the honor, in four categories: Offensive, defensive, lineman, and special teams.
Winners below are based on the number of votes received for each player.
Offensive Player of the Week: Taylor Cornelius, QB, Tampa Bay Vipers
Tampa Bay quarterback Taylor Cornelius went 23 for 31 passes, for 211 yards and only one interception to rally his Vipers to their first win of the season.
- Cornelius sacrificed his body to get the job done. Player of the week! (Anonymous)
- Corndog did what nobody else could do. He’s a keeper. (XFL Fan)
- Gave his team the boost needed to get a whole team effort and the win. (PeterH)
- Jordon Ta’amu, QB, St. Louis BattleHawks
- De’Veon Smith, RB, Tampa Bay Vipers
- Jacques Patrick, RB, Tampa Bay Vipers
It is a pick party in Dallas
— XFL (@xfl2020) March 1, 2020
Defensive Player of the Week: Deatrick Nichols, CB, Houston Roughnecks
Houston Roughnecks cornerback Deatrick Nichols made two interceptions, inspiring his squad to march past the Renegades in a 27-20 win.
- Two picks made the day for the Roughnecks (rSpinks)
- He read Landry Jones mind, picked him off with ease. (XFL is the best)
- Nichols made picking off Landry Jones look easy. (Anonymous)
- Jamar Summers, CB, New York Guardians
- Cody Brown, S, Houston Roughnecks
SCOOP & SCORE for @AAP_30 😱
— Houston Roughnecks (@XFLRoughnecks) March 1, 2020
Lineman of the Week: Edmond Robinson, LB, Houston Roughnecks
The bane of Landry Jones, Robinson gained the sack and then scooped up the fumbled football and rumbled into the end zone.
- Dual threat. Sack, scoop and score. (Anonymous)
- Made Landry Jones wish he had never set foot on the field. (XFL Linebacker)
- Robinson did it all. He sacked and he scored. (Anonymous)
- Steven Johnson, LB, Seattle Dragons
- Beniquez Brown, LB, Houston Roughnecks
- Greer Martini, LB, Dallas Renegades
Special Teams Player of the Week: Matt McCrane, K, New York Guardians
Kicker Matt McCrane went 3-3 with field goals from the 51, 23, and 47 yds in a blustery MetLife Stadium to give New York enough points to ensure a much needed victory.
- 3-3, with longest over 50 yards. Good enough for a win. (Anonymous)
- Never missed. Gave th (Stephen Q.)
- First kickoff return for a TD in XFL history deserves this honor. (Anonymous)
- Taylor Russolino, St. Louis BattleHawks