Oliver Luck spoke at the NFL agent’s seminar at the NFL Combine. Aside from revealing he fully expects the XFL to continue on to “Year 2,” something that comes as no surprise to most people, he also revealed details of what to expect leading up to the next XFL season:
- Luck is fully expecting the XFL to continue in year 2.
- The league will use invite only camps and a draft similar o Year 1.
- 200 current XFL players were on an NFL roster in 2019.
- Teams will retain rights to players. This implies that if a player goes to another league after the XFL season, and then returns to the XFL, their rights will still be tied to the team they were with before.
- One of the benefits of using a “Team 9” was to save money by not flying in players for workouts.
- Luck emphasized that the XFL is a standalone league, and not a developmental league or competitor to the NFL.
- Luck also emphasized no year removed eligibility as with the NFL, and that players can use XFL as a way to “bet on themselves.”
Original Tweet is below.
– Team 9 is partly being used to save money by not flying in players for workouts
– XFL is a standalone league, not a developmental league or competitor to NFL
– Emphasized no year removed eligibility as with NFL and that players can use XFL as a way to bet on themselves
— Nathan Shackelford (@nathanshack19) February 27, 2020