Welcome to our Week 3 XFL “Players of the Week” results. Voting began immediately at the completion of the final game on Sunday. We gathered over 2,600 votes between this time and the closing of polls at Noon Eastern on Tuesday 25 February 2020. We thank all who voted!
Fans were asked to nominate any player they deemed worthy of the honor, in four categories: Offensive, defensive, lineman, and special teams.
Winners below are based on the number of votes received for each player.
Offensive Player of the Week: Cam Phillips, Houston Roughnecks
Wide receiver Cam Phillips became the number one receiver in the XFL through 8 catches where he added 194 yards to the Roughnecks offense and three touchdowns. Cam was the number one offensive weapon in a high-scoring XFL week 3.
- 8 catches 194 yards 3 TD’s. Nuff said! (Anonymous)
- Most dangerous receiver in the league. (Anonymous)
- Eclipsed all receivers in the league in week 3. (XFL Forever)
- PJ Walker, Houston Roughnecks
- Martez Carter, LA Wildcats
- Jordon Ta’amu, St. Louis BattleHawks
— Christopher Reiss (@NFL_ChrisReiss) February 24, 2020
Defensive Player of the Week: Mike Stevens, LA Wildcats
LA Wildcats cornerback Mike Stevens picked off DC Defenders QB Cardale Jones twice, leading the Wildcats shutdown of the powerful DC Defenders offense..
- He stepped in for the Cats and got 2 picks, 4 tackles and 1 sack. (XFL_FAN)
- Injuries to LA’s top two corners turned into a blessing in disguise. Stevens stepped in and had the Wildcats’ best defensive performance of the season. (Xtremefanforever)
- 6 combined tackles, 1 sack, and 2 interceptions while holding undefeated DC Defenders to single digit scoring. Your Defensive Player of the Week. Mike Stevens.. (@berto_la2ca)
- Will Smith, LA Wildcats
- Will Hill, St. Louis Batttlehawks
Tre’ Williams unblocked sack vs unbalanced look on Cardale Jones pic.twitter.com/8qsuIbn7KI
— Arif Hasan, leap day enthusiast (@ArifHasanNFL) February 23, 2020
Lineman of the Week: Tre Williams, LA Wildcats
Tre Williams combined 8 tackles with 1 sack in the Wildcats shutdown of the DC Defenders.
- Kept the DC Defenders off the board by pressuring Cardale Jones all day. (Anonymous)
- Ended a DC Defenders drive with a massive sack. (XFL Linebacker)
- Led the Wildcats defense in pressuring Cardale Jones. (Anonymous)
- Steven Johnson, Seattle Dragons
IT’S TRICKY!! 😱
— St. Louis BattleHawks (@XFLBattleHawks) February 23, 2020
Special Teams Player of the Week: Joe Powell, St. Louis BattleHawks
In a kickoff return, Powell made XFL history by taking a reverse from Keith Mumphery and running the ball over 80 yards for a touchdown.
- Historical first XFL kick return for 84 yards! (Anonymous)
- He took the reverse and returned the kickoff to the house. First time in the XFL! (Stephen Q.)
- First kickoff return for a TD in XFL history deserves this honor. (Anonymous)
- Taylor Russolino, St. Louis BattleHawks